-
AuthorContent
jojoringer
Joey in Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 27, 2008
12:26 AM

Post #4592982

Well after reading your brilliant article I decided to take a look at my local mega super store last week. Sure enough there were 7 of the sad little things sitting there in their red and pink foil wrappers for $1 each. I brought them all home (how could I leave any behind) and pruned them up and they are looking much better! I will be putting them in what I now call my orphan bed by the front poch in the next week along with a forlorn looking Marchessa Bocella (?) bare root I found on the discount table as well.
Keeping my fingers crossed!
Joey
Zone 9b

Thumbnail by jojoringer
Click the image for an enlarged view.

threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

February 27, 2008
12:09 PM

Post #4595033

Cool!!
They actually look pretty good for discount mini Roses.

I hope they thrive for you.
jojoringer
Joey in Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

February 29, 2008
4:58 PM

Post #4604974

Me too! They were looking pretty sad but after a little pruning they cleaned up rather well!
SapphiresMom
Elm Mott, TX

May 16, 2008
7:04 PM

Post #4960641

I bought eight mini-roses at Wal Mart right after Valentine's Day. I paid about $2.50 each, which is about half price. I think they were originally sold for five dollars each. I got some red and some white ones.

I planted them, and all but one are thriving and blooming, now that the weather has warmed up. The one died, despite my best efforts to save it, but I am still delighted with my purchase.

Incidentally, if you like daylilies, there is a web site for a company called Touch of Nature. They are running some pretty good specials right now. They also have a high rating on the Dave's Garden website.

This will be the first time I am doing business with these people, and I am hopeful that it will be a good experience, and that the daylilies I bought will get to me in a timely manner and will thrive.
jojoringer
Joey in Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

May 16, 2008
10:48 PM

Post #4961606

I've looked at that site too. They do have some good prices. I was actually looking at their astillbe, let me know how your order looks. I've never had much luck with astillbe down here, but at those prices I thought I would give it one more try!
My little Valentines roses are all blooming like mad, well all except one. It's huge, much bigger than the others, but it hasn't bloomed yet, don't know whats up with that one LOL. I have 2 orangey ones, 2 light pink ones, 2 fuschia, a deep red and that one that I don't know what it is!
I just got 2 more yellow ones on clearance after Mothers Day, I hope they do as well!
lolmavis08
Dumas, TX

July 11, 2008
2:12 PM

Post #5240699

I live in the Panhandle of Texas and was wondering when I could move my minis to a different flowerbed. How can you know what zone you live in? Thanks for all your help.
jojoringer
Joey in Conroe, TX
(Zone 8b)

July 11, 2008
9:15 PM

Post #5242812

Here is map that should help you find your zone.
http://www.thegardenhelper.com/map/hzm-sm1.html

Hope that helps!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Mini Rose Rescue Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
A really nice article Sharran 13 Mar 2, 2010 6:42 PM
Very inspiring! DMurray407 0 Feb 12, 2008 2:48 PM
What a Wonderful Idea!! SapphiresMom 1 Feb 12, 2008 11:34 PM
Thankyou Debbie2007 2 Feb 14, 2008 6:36 AM
Mini roses margieseyfer 0 Feb 18, 2008 4:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America