Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root Pathogens: More research with T22

Communities > Forums > Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root Pathogens
bookmark
Forum: Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root PathogensReplies: 1, Views: 57
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
starlight1153
Seale, AL
(Zone 8b)

February 27, 2008
12:21 PM

Post #4595055

Was a very interesting read LariAnn. Have you been doing any research with T22 yourself? I have a research project that I am working on titled Biological Control Using Trichoderma harzianum as a Liquid Drench on Broccoli and Melon Seeds. (sorry don't know how to italize on here yet).

I am investigating the capabilities of Trichoderma harzianum Rifai 1295-22 (T-22) s a souble pre-seed drench on broccoli and melon seeds on field soil and greenhouse potting mix.

If you have an experimentation going on, I would be interested to learn some of your finds. I hope to have my paper finished in a few weeks. it has been an interesting experiment and am getting ready to start pulling plants and observing and photographing the roots soon.
LariAnn
Miami, FL
(Zone 10a)

February 28, 2008
1:53 AM

Post #4598472

I did do a research study last year using ten different Alocasia species, two replications and nine different treatments, plus a control. The work was done in conjunction with the University of Florida Tropical Research and Education Center, Homestead, Florida. This extensive study ran for four months but I had to terminate it due to adverse weather events. The results were not conclusive enough for a paper, but I did learn quite a bit from the data acquired from it.

My most important finding was that several biocontrol products used together were, statistically, more effective than products used individually. One of the best performing products used individually was the T-22 (RootShield).

LariAnn Garner
Aroidia Research
http://aroidiaresearch.org

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Fungi As Your Garden Partners - Enlisting the T-22 to Terminate Root Pathogens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
I always enjoy your articles Illoquin 8 Jul 31, 2010 10:02 PM
Absolutely fascinating! doccat5 2 Feb 28, 2008 12:04 AM
Using T-22 Indy 2 Mar 8, 2008 9:17 PM
soil health mableruth 3 Jun 16, 2010 6:55 PM
Concern about BT the_naturalist 1 Jul 26, 2010 3:40 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America