Photo by Melody

Article: Euphorbias for landscaping - the cold-hardy columnar, tree species: Difference among cactaceas and suculents.

Communities > Forums > Article: Euphorbias for landscaping - the cold-hardy columnar, tree species
bookmark
Forum: Article: Euphorbias for landscaping - the cold-hardy columnar, tree speciesReplies: 2, Views: 17
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
haydee_1
Rosario
Argentina

March 2, 2008
5:44 AM

Post #4611504

Please I would like to know what is the difference among the cactaceas, suculents an other ones that I don't remember the names now. Thank you. Haydée Lucía.

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 2, 2008
9:32 AM

Post #4611758

cactus spines are different than the spines on all other succulents and arise from structures that do nothing but form spines. Spines on succulents tend to arise from the same tissues the rest of the plant is made of. Most cacti have clusters of spines (not all of course, and some have no spines) while most succulents have solitary or paired spines. Cacti also tend to have large, colorful flowers, while most succulents (like the Euphorbias) have insignificant flowers. Most cacti are from the New world (north and south america) while succulents are from all over the world (most large Euphorbias are from the old world- Africa and Asia). Hope that helps some.
haydee_1
Rosario
Argentina

January 2, 2009
2:02 AM

Post #5954419

Hi! Your information was very interesting for me. Thanks and sorry for the delay to answer you!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Euphorbias for landscaping - the cold-hardy columnar, tree species Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Bad introduction Zigur 13 Feb 5, 2008 9:46 PM
such interesting plants Dutchlady1 0 Feb 3, 2008 11:16 AM
thanks smkennedy 1 Feb 3, 2008 7:24 PM
Very Informative and Interesting bjf826 0 Feb 3, 2008 5:45 PM
Great Article judycooksey 1 Feb 3, 2008 9:53 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America