Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Gardener / Masochist: I'm not alone!

Communities > Forums > Article: Gardener / Masochist
bookmark
Forum: Article: Gardener / MasochistReplies: 3, Views: 41
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
lindanat
Asbury Park, NJ

March 3, 2008
3:25 PM

Post #4616543

I'm going to make sure my husband reads this - he thinks I alone suffer from garen madness. I start poring over the catalogs the day after Christmas and then start ordering up a storm.

I can pass up new clothes and fine restaurants, but let me 'go along for the ride' with a friend to a nursery and it's all over. How often have those purchases ended up languishing on the side of the house or in a neighbor's garden?

Thanks!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2008
4:10 PM

Post #4616679

How true! Thanks - I'm glad you enjoyed it.
quiltygirl
No Central, AZ
(Zone 7b)

March 5, 2008
4:24 PM

Post #4625693

I diligently planted during our first spring and summer here. After winter things started taking off. But the next 12 months were different... We had gophers, rabbits, frost and 115 degree days with wind. I could actually watch the plants curl up and die. My biggest lesson learned? Buy at the big box stores that offer refunds with your receipt for up to 1 yr.! It is hilarious when you bring in your bags of twigs and shriveled root balls and try to identify which plant goes with what on the receipt. I hope I am more successfull this year.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

March 5, 2008
4:40 PM

Post #4625742

Hope springs eternal!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardener / Masochist Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Living life on the edge! chrissy100 31 Mar 16, 2008 2:31 AM
funny flowAjen 11 Aug 17, 2009 7:01 PM
Confessions of a gardenaholic jsw45807 5 Aug 19, 2009 2:56 PM
Observe do not suffer Noturf 0 Mar 3, 2008 11:19 PM
it's great feeling not to be alone! Yorkerjenny 0 Mar 7, 2008 10:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America