Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: A Tale of Some Travelling Seeds: Dabble Gardner??!!

Communities > Forums > Article: A Tale of Some Travelling Seeds
bookmark
Forum: Article: A Tale of Some Travelling SeedsReplies: 2, Views: 18
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
drumlin
Rockport, ME
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2008
4:36 PM

Post #4616839

Your profile says you're a "dabble gardener", but you don't sound like it!! From the amazing article you wrote it sounds like you are as serious and determined as anyone! It's interesting that you're also a quilter. I wonder if the same behavior characteristics that cause us quilters to save our "stashes" for years also cause us to be "seed addicts". There's probably more than I want to know. I was exhausted by the time I finished reading the article, but it sounds like a good time was had by all. I may stick my toe into the water this year and see if I can get some plant and seed goodies. I KNOW I'll get addicted, oh well.
grampapa
Wheatfield, NY
(Zone 6a)

March 3, 2008
7:00 PM

Post #4617410

drumlin, such a harmless addiction lol. I think you've got a point about the seed stash and the fabric stash being related. and you can get beautiful colorful things out of both.

btw, when I said 'dabble gardener', I really meant that I do a little of everything. I never see a plant without wanting to grow it. So, as much as I am in love with roses, I also collect creeping thymes, and have a garden of heather, and dwarf conifers, and want all the plants that will attract butterflies and hummingbirds, and succulants, and cacti, and vines, and ... you get the idea.

nice to meet another quilter

~ jan
drumlin
Rockport, ME
(Zone 5b)

March 3, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #4618215

Ahhh, that makes sense now. At least you have a garden for each interest...mine are all jumbled. Time for deep breaths and getting organized this year.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: A Tale of Some Travelling Seeds Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
what a nice article Dutchlady1 15 Mar 1, 2008 12:58 AM
I was there and I lived it!! soulgardenlove 3 Mar 1, 2008 12:17 PM
I was one of the dizzy lurkers!! Cordeledawg 2 Feb 29, 2008 6:01 PM
oinK oinK oinK wrightie 12 Mar 19, 2008 2:11 AM
UK Newbie-want to join a UK/USA seed swop? Seedolic 6 Mar 18, 2008 4:17 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America