Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jsw45807
Lima, OH

March 3, 2008
6:34 PM

Post #4617316

Do plants follow you home like stray dogs? Or just appear like stray cats? At least that's my excuse to DH, but I don't think he buys it!

The baseball bat story is hilarious. As for hiding the receipts, I've found if you just buy a little here, then a little there, you can get away with it better!!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

March 3, 2008
8:29 PM

Post #4617705

Aha - you have a method! Thanks - glad you liked it.
organic_kitten
West Blocton, AL

August 17, 2009
1:40 PM

Post #6956120

That is my life to a tee! I read part of it to DH (couldn't tell about hiding receipts now, could I?) I laughed throughout the article and love it.

I think I have a twin or tow for your potted plant. Thanks for a good laugh.
Fruityy
Clark, SD

August 17, 2009
2:49 PM

Post #6956418

All these behaviours are so familiar! The point about bringing home car or pickup loads of plants really describes us to a T. Our car not only knows its own way to our favourite nursery, but refuses to pass by the entrance without turning in and parking itself as near the hosta display as possible. All the employees know us not so much by name but by the fact that, for instance, last year we were accompanied by a very tiny goat. They enquire after our previous purchases as if they were family members that have moved out of town. They even know (viciously) which hostas we drooled on but denied ourselves. They also know which one of us craves which particular cultivar of daylilies...and which of us is embarrassed for having dug up masses of them 20 years ago...swearing NEVER to share space with one again. We don't have to hide receipts...we both have the addiction! This being the situation, we will buy plants before we buy groceries...the plants get to sit in the back seat, the groceries go in the trunk!

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

August 17, 2009
6:25 PM

Post #6957307

Thank you!

So funny, Fruit! You are 'profiled'!!!
Petalpants
Corpus Christi, TX
(Zone 9a)

August 19, 2009
2:56 PM

Post #6964506

Fruity, that was hilarious...hey, in this case 2 addictions Are better than one! You don't have to Explain anything or have an excuse! My kids are the ones who seem to notice 'the new plant', even if it's small...'Hey, is that a new plant you bought? Don't remember seeing it before?"..."No, it's not new" (got it 3 days ago, not new!) First, you 'blend it in with other plants' till you decide where to plant it; daily, you gradually move it more to the forefront where someone may notice it; by then, it isn't New anymore (at least in my mind anyway!) Hey, I like the idea of purchasing plants before groceries, and since groceries take up so much of our plant money, I think they Should go in the trunk...the plants might get too hot back there, or break a branch, and how can they hear us talking to them if they're in the trunk?...I mean, I never talk to milk or bread, do you?...That would be Crazy! =)

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Gardener / Masochist Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Living life on the edge! chrissy100 31 Mar 16, 2008 2:31 AM
I'm not alone! lindanat 3 Mar 5, 2008 4:40 PM
funny flowAjen 11 Aug 17, 2009 7:01 PM
Observe do not suffer Noturf 0 Mar 3, 2008 11:19 PM
it's great feeling not to be alone! Yorkerjenny 0 Mar 7, 2008 10:44 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America