Does anyone have a picture of a Bush Bean Plant?

Tucson, AZ

Last spring/summer, I grew pole beans that had to be latticed so this year, I'm attempting the bush variety. I cannot seem to find a good picture of what the plant looks like in whole. I guess what I am not understanding is that the packet says to plant them 3" apart in rows 18" apart, but says nothing about thinning them. Do they really grow 3" apart or does that not give them enough room?

Augusta, GA(Zone 8a)

Yes they grow well at 3-4 inches apart. Lots of pictures in plantfiles. This is the bush snap bean Espada, but most of the bush snap beans will similar. Half runners of course are a much bigger plant, but still perform well at 3-4 inches

Thumbnail by Farmerdill
Tucson, AZ

Thank you!

Fredericksburg, VA(Zone 7b)

Do them in a diamond pattern. You'll get better production and their easier to pick :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Once again, doccat, you gave me just the info I needed right when I needed it... planting starts this weekend, chillens willin'! :)

It's ok if their leaves touch a little. I don't know if it's bean "love" or what, but they seem to do better. Maybe their gossiping with the worms. :)

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

Never thought there was such a thing as a social vegetable, but I guess beans would be it!

Well, you know certain members of the "family" are musical fruit..........grin

Lincoln, NE(Zone 5a)

What, they have a band? :) I know there are "string" beans...

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

I think Doccat may have been referring to the "wind" instruments, but he may have only mentioned it in "passing."

doccat is a she..............LOL

Hutto, TX(Zone 8b)

Sorry! The handles are so generic, and I lose track of real names when someone uses one occasionally. : )

Glen Burnie, MD(Zone 7a)

Doc are you sure... lmao....

BTW if you think of it shoot me the name of the green bean I need to buy since mine sucks!

North Augusta, SC

Sucks?

This message was edited Mar 31, 2008 10:07 AM

Blue Lake, Tenderette are both good varieties

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.