Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Insect and Spider Identification: SOLVED: BUGS EVERYWHERE!

Communities > Forums > Insect and Spider Identification
bookmark
Forum: Insect and Spider IdentificationReplies: 4, Views: 309
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

August 22, 2001
3:53 PM

Post #11382

they look like lady bugs without the spots -they are a pale orange and they bite as soon as they land on you. They are eating the peaches,pears and apples. They are on the flowers too. someone said japaneses beetles-nothing ive ever seen
the skies are full of them!!!
HELP
MzMunchken
Crestview, FL
(Zone 7b)

August 23, 2001
12:35 PM

Post #114525

Removed by member request
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

August 23, 2001
5:47 PM

Post #114696

yes that looks like it-is after my flowers?
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

August 24, 2001
5:59 AM

Post #115110

No - they're beneficial. They munch on aphids! *smack smack*. They can be a nuisance if they head inside during the cold months, though. Some folks vacuum the clusters of 'em up and put 'em outside somewhere away from their homes!
notmartha
Bay City, MI
(Zone 6a)

August 31, 2001
11:27 PM

Post #119369

I just found out that these lady bugs were brought here to eat the purple loostrife that is in the ditches and marshes.
I guess its getting out of hand-these bugs are eating everyones fruit-peaches n pears are being wiped out!!!
These bugs bite you the second they land on you-Ive been bitin proably 50 times out in my garden-its unreal!!!
GOOD THINKING-like the vine down south!!!
dori

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Insect and Spider Identification Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
SOLVED: Tiny Red Critters Angel 26 Apr 26, 2014 7:18 AM
SOLVED: Do you know what kind of Spider this is? dignbloom 55 Aug 18, 2012 4:36 PM
SOLVED: green caterpillar xox_kitkat_xox 4 Jan 24, 2010 9:05 PM
SOLVED: Name this insect? Dinu 16 Oct 19, 2008 2:54 PM
SOLVED: Red Spider about the diameter of a penny gardenwife 24 Oct 10, 2009 10:41 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America