Raising the logs Part 3

none of ur business, OK(Zone 5b)

Here we go
Well good news
WE GOT THE PERMIT !!!!!!!! YEAH HAPPY DANCE JOY JOY. WEEEEEE

well our township guy is a nice guy. :) but i m still wondering why these two parties (township and county engineer) can't communicate.
IT would have been alot easier if they two communicated with each other. I should have gotten the new diagram from our CE right from the start , why i got the old one is beyond me and that is the one the township wanted in the first place.
"Crack a lackin " , what a mess. LOL

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

Quoting:
"Crack a lackin "

OK, i'm just clueless on that one LOL

Can we have a drumroll please?

BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR
BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR
BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR
BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR
BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR BBBBBBBLLLLLLRRRRRR.....

and the building permit is awarded to....... the envelope please..... 'RIP'

Tim and Sue Taynors!

Congratulations, and here your award... migraine prevention for all of the up and coming problems.....!!!!

;-P
tf

This message was edited Mar 6, 2008 11:29 PM

LOL TF
but thanks for the drum roll
hahaha
can't wait to get the other permits LOL
If i m not a heavy drinker by the end of all this , i will surely surprised or 40 lbs heavyier from all the chocolate i will eat . LOL
I hope i wore the right dress
I would like to thank all of the DGers and the acedamy . I don't deserve all this (blows kisses with hands , waving like a queen in parade ) . I would also like to thank God for giving me the patience i need for the things that i can not change .
LOL

So.App.Mtns., United States(Zone 5b)

Good for you, Sue!!

TF, you mucked up the width of the thread! Please edit the BLR's down to a manageable length?

yes how did that happen ? i noticed that
did i do that ?

KC Metro area, MO(Zone 6a)

Tamara did it with her long BLR line. :~)

She's FIRED LOL

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

You can't fire me, i quit. Better yet, i am union, so i am on strike!

I am SO used to not being appreciated, being accused unjustly, and then tossed aside.

Except i guess that WAS my doing. SO-WEE!

tf

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Now, what would we do without you!

Sure a good thing the building isn't as complicated as the getting permits & through the red tape is.

Cheering for you,
Bernie

OK Martha Ray your not fired LOL
we forgive you :)
yes our builder is a great guy ,very calm .
well weather here is still bad. Strong winds and up to 7 inches of snow predicted. Good thing i got my new poultry mags and Country Living mags to keep me occupied.
no work to get done yet
yuk
Thanks Bernie for the kind words :)

Fritch, TX(Zone 6b)

;-)

lol

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

Sue...yayyyyy on the permit!!!

Thanks Marcy
yeah it really is a load off .
Now only if it will stop snowing and spring will shine
so we can acutally build this house !!! LOL

New Madison, OH(Zone 5a)

I hear ya!!! I know I'm ready for spring!!

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

What a blessing and answer to prayers. I'm sure you feel as tho the weight of the world has been lifted from your shoulders.

I too am more than ready for spring. This cold weather is lasting way too long to suit me. But then I realize that before too long we will be fussing about the heat. lol. I pray your home is finished before winter gets here again. Or at least far enough along to be liveable while it is being finished. I always heard that a foundation needs to set a couple weeks at least so it won't shift under the weight of the structure it is supporting. I'm sure that will be a long 2 or more weeks for you while you watch nothing being done. If you don't have everything for the interior picked out this will help to fill your time. And you may see new things that make you want to change your mind about even the size of the rooms, etc. I hear Mom McClure changed a lot of room sizes & shapes, where doors and windows would go, etc. while this house was being built. And since it sits on a part new & part preCivil War foundation it has lots of large cracks in the walls and ceilings, doors don't always close the same way winter & summer, etc. I found that bathroom caulking that is more flexible was the only one that will stay in the cracks. Jack said his parents filled those cracks almost every year. That bathroom caulk has been in place for nearly 30 years now. Of course there are now new cracks that need to be filled.

GOD bless and keep each of you.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Good news indeed! Congrats. You are really on your way now and we want more pics. Did that sound too demanding? Just happy for you guys. I am looking through seed mags, too. Can't wait for spring. I have planted a few seeds in cups. My broccoli is sprouting. Yay!!!!

i wish i had more pics to show you all lol
no your not to demanding Cajun
always demand pics its a good thing :)
well i will let you know how it all goes this upcomming week
we just had a blizzard and are 11" under snow , then it is to melt and we will be under mud LOL
i can' t win can i ? lol

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Thank goodness we missed most of the snow. It went north and west of us. You won't hear me complaining. LOL We did get about 4" then it began to melt then the water froze so we had bad ice this morning. But it is warming up and melting again. I would rathr wet than cold.

lucky ducky Cajun
still got snow

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Most of the snow was gone the next day. We've had a good couple of days. Had the farrier out yesterday to reset shoes on one mare. The other 2 are a few weeks away from being ready to reshoe. I rode one and had to work with her for a while. She got a wild hair and we had to have a "come to Jesus" meeting but she soon saw things my way. She's not a bad sort. Just green. Moved 82 bales of hay and stacked it in the barn loft. Put a truckload of sawdust in the barn yesterday. I was so ready for bed last night. LOL

that is alot of work you did
glad your weather is melting the snow
ours is getting better its up to 38 yesterday and getting warmer :)

Update
Still no driveway :( to much snow and rain.
we are flooding here in Oh
has been raining for 3 days straight
we did travel to go to the builder and check out all the cabinets ,flooring and roof colors
We decided on rustic birch for the floor , Knotty Alder for the cabinet 's and we are still trying to figure out red or green roof with matching door and windows
might be to much red ? when you do all the doors and windows red too ?
Counter tops are just formica in faux black marble with a beveled edge with a pin stipe of the wood . we didn't go fancy on the counter , we can change those in several yrs
we are getting a walkout basement which i m glad yeah on that
So that is all i got LOL :)
when and if it ever stops raining we might get a driveway :)
i hope i am not going to have to build an Ark ? !!
take care
sue

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

I can understand why you are tired of rain, Sue. I would be so miserable by now. And you are dealing with so much adversity on other fronts. I applaud you.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

We built & installed this knotty alder vanity this week. The door is also knotty alder, but no finish on it yet.

Thumbnail by CountryGardens
Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It really don't have that much difference in color. The camera is playing tricks.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Will it have hardware on it? The wood is pretty.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Not a clue. People put the hardware on. We do it if they want us to.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

It's not for you?

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

My son & I are in custom built cabinet business.
This is part of the kitchen in the same house.
Cherry wood with Cabernet stain.

This message was edited Mar 19, 2008 11:16 PM

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Green roof! Definitely!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

Yes, we have a neighbor with a bright red roof, it is terrible!

Payneville, KY(Zone 7a)

Someone built a log cabin in town and they have a red roof and it looks terrible. If I can get a picture of it, I will....but it is on a busy road and I'm not sure if I can. Not only does the log cabin look funny in town, but it looks like someone threw up on it! Sorry.

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

I am playing with a program I never used before, so if this picture looks bad---

Our neighbors house is a steel roof to top it off!

Lewisville, MN(Zone 4a)

It worked!
My pictures were taking forever to load on here. I found away to make them less pixels.
Loaded very fast now.

I am working on a web site for my cabinets. One of these days I will put it online.

Time for bed,
Good night,
Bernie

Hughesville, MO(Zone 5a)

If you DH is dead set on red, try doing a pattern with both colors. You could even put in some traditional grey to tone down the red and would even out the clash between the colors. I have seem patterned roofs and they are very pretty.

Hillsboro, OH(Zone 6a)

Some of my neighbors do have darker colored cranberry or mulberry barns that do look nice. I don't think I'd like red red. I love the dark green with dark logs and wood though.

Biggs, KY(Zone 6a)

Have you seen the copper colored metal roofs. I saw one on a log house in Tenn. It was gorgeous.

Bernie

You do very nice work. I have an uncle who was a custom cabinet maker. It is an artform. Thanks for sharing the pics.

LOL Misty that was funny
yeah i don't think i want a vomit color roof LOL
Thanks Leaf for the kind words . God is giving me lots of lessons in all of this , so i just keep being the pupil. :)
I have seen some red roofs and they look nice but ..... i think its an aquired taste :) and i know everyone will ask
" how come you didn't do green ? " and that would really bug me for the next 40 yrs ( if i live that long ) LOL cuz i know one day i will have to smack someone with that question LOL
The burgandy to me is a bit to purple , DH really loves that color , But now that i think of it . It might look nice ?
I love the deep green they have
then we can have a tan and green barn. That would look nice :)
Wow great cabinets Bernie . Love that cherry !!!!!
Ok your all going to think i m crazy but ..... our second floor is T&G flooring so i m going to beat it with a chain to make an imprint . I saw it in a mag and it looks really cool !!! ok your thinking " beat it with a chain is she crazy ? " yep . I need the excersise LOL :)
Glad to see everyone and thanks agian for all the pics Bernie :) i love to see others and there masterpeices they have created
sue

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images