Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Thinking Ahead 101: Following the Sun: Good advice

Communities > Forums > Article: Thinking Ahead 101: Following the Sun
bookmark
Forum: Article: Thinking Ahead 101: Following the SunReplies: 3, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bigcityal
Menasha, WI
(Zone 5a)

March 8, 2008
4:41 PM

Post #4637998

Nice article about planning Toni. I have maps of all my beds and plans.

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 8, 2008
5:40 PM

Post #4638316

Al does, but I don't - I think I should take some pictures before everything leafs out!

Thank you for your well-timed advice - I do want to mention that in Massachusetts, some "burning bush" species are considered noxious weeds - like the ones that are eating the foundation of my house. Did you really paint your trim that lovely color of purple? Thanks, Toni! xxx, Carrie
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

March 8, 2008
6:52 PM

Post #4638530

Carrie, you are too funny!

The "lovely purple" trim is really oxidized brown! I am going to like it, I am going to like it, I am...

Thanks to both of you for the nice comments.

Carrie how much snow do you have today? We are at about 9 inches and still falling!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 8, 2008
11:35 PM

Post #4639520

Wet wet wet - all rain. Some sheets, some buckets, some cats and dogs, some steady, some pouring, but no snow. I thought it was supposed to be spring this month?

That's brown? I like purple, not as much as I did in 6th grade when I got 6 new dresses for my new school and they were all different shades of purple, but i do like purple. But ever since Crayola renamed the colors I've been a little hazy on the names - was it a luscious periwinkle? An intense lavender? A pale lilac? Well, now that I know what "oxidized brown" looks like I'll know what to ask for, because I do like it!

Thanks again, Toni.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Thinking Ahead 101: Following the Sun Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great timing! darius 0 Mar 8, 2008 10:24 PM
ground cover lady4950 1 Mar 10, 2008 2:15 PM
Shady place Teddytoo 1 Apr 1, 2008 11:18 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America