Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Beginner Flowers: Growing Chrysanthemums from seed

Communities > Forums > Beginner Flowers
bookmark
Forum: Beginner FlowersReplies: 4, Views: 75
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Southrnbelle
Oxford, MS

March 11, 2008
9:28 PM

Post #4651584

Hello everyone. I am new to the forum and hope that someone can help me. Last fall, I pinched some dead mum buds hoping to grow new ones this year. I want to grow them in a greenhouse and transplant into pots to place outside in the fall. What time of year do I need to plant the seeds? I am in Oxford, MS. I appreciate any and all suggestions.
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 12, 2008
1:02 AM

Post #4652362

Do you know for sure that it had formed seeds before you pinched it off? If you do it right after the flower fades, the seeds haven't formed yet. Sorry I can't help you with how/when to start them since I've never grown any from seed, but I don't want you wasting your time sowing something that has no chance to grow!
Southrnbelle
Oxford, MS

March 12, 2008
1:13 PM

Post #4653976

No, I don't know for sure the seeds had formed, but the flowers had dried when I pinched them off. I had attached a picture of what I had on the original post, but I took it off because it was hard to see. I will attach it to this - maybe you can tell by looking at it? The quality of the picture is not very good when it is enlarged. Thank you so much for the help.

Thumbnail by Southrnbelle
Click the image for an enlarged view.

glendalekid
Tuscaloosa, AL
(Zone 7b)

March 16, 2008
4:39 PM

Post #4670677

bgenin,

They sure look like seeds to me. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about growing them from seed. Maybe if you post this question on the Propagation Forum someone can give you direction on doing it.

Good luck,

Karen

Southrnbelle
Oxford, MS

March 21, 2008
3:40 PM

Post #4690860

Will do. Thanks for your help Karen!

Brenda

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Beginner Flowers Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Welcome to the Beginner Flowers forum! dave 147 Feb 14, 2013 3:15 AM
snapdragon picture gessiegail 39 Jan 1, 2012 1:04 PM
show us beginners your blooms gessiegail 324 Jan 8, 2012 6:20 AM
Favorite annuals from your 2006 garden! Trish 81 Mar 7, 2007 2:02 PM
Heat Mats Ironsides 6 Nov 27, 2007 1:31 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America