Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Spiderwort Hybrids - Tradescantia X andersoniana: Memories

Communities > Forums > Article: Spiderwort Hybrids - Tradescantia X andersoniana
bookmark
Forum: Article: Spiderwort Hybrids - Tradescantia X andersonianaReplies: 2, Views: 52
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 12, 2008
5:30 AM

Post #4653552

Todd, when I was very small and was allowed to have my own garden I wanted all my flowers to be blue. My mother had some bluish iris, and then we found spiderwort growing wild in the mountains of eastern KY. We gently gathered all we could carry and moved them into my little garden. I was only about 3 at the time, and was so excited to have my blue garden. Eventually Mom found bluebonnets to add to he mix, but the bluest of them all were the spiderworts and they were still blooming when I grew up and went away to college.
Thank you for the memories.
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 12, 2008
11:07 AM

Post #4653762

How pretty!

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

March 13, 2008
12:46 AM

Post #4656262

Todd, many thanks... Tradescantias are one of my favorites but somehow I wasn't aware of all the hybrids. I hope for plenty of them down near my creek in part shade.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Spiderwort Hybrids - Tradescantia X andersoniana Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Thank you! McGlory 10 Mar 19, 2008 10:07 PM
Biennial spiderwort?? mygardens 2 Jun 16, 2008 8:03 PM
Spiderwort gardengirl86 0 Sep 2, 2008 11:31 PM
Excellent article and photos! Thanks! JaniceLPN 0 Mar 30, 2010 2:24 PM
Spiderwort 1234singer 2 Jul 5, 2010 3:40 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America