Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Quest for the Ultimate Ground Cover: Mulch, turf and ground covers

Communities > Forums > Article: Quest for the Ultimate Ground Cover
bookmark
Forum: Article: Quest for the Ultimate Ground CoverReplies: 1, Views: 102
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Noturf
Marquesas Islands
Polynesia (French)

March 12, 2008
12:07 PM

Post #4653849

Excelent article. My quest is of another kind. I am interested in using ground covers to substitute/eliminate turf. Unfortunately in Puerto Rico propagators and nurseries are really pathetic, there are no options so I observe and try to improvise from nature. I think that
gardens are much more attractive without so much sterile turf. They do not do anything for birds or insects, and create noise and pollution. Congratulations, the information and advice provided is useful and original.

Thumbnail by Noturf
Click the image for an enlarged view.

victorgardener

victorgardener
Lower Hudson Valley, NY
(Zone 6b)

March 12, 2008
12:17 PM

Post #4653864

Thank you. I could not agree more. I would love to eliminate my turf grass but still have young kids who like to play on it. Eventually I will change over. Your screen name pretty much says what you feel!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Quest for the Ultimate Ground Cover Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful "tapestry" you're "weaving"! rcn48 20 Mar 12, 2008 2:12 PM
Don't give up on mulch just yet... rvnsbrk 3 Mar 2, 2011 4:51 PM
wonderful article tcs1366 5 Mar 2, 2011 4:07 PM
more ground covers wildharvest 0 Mar 19, 2008 4:20 PM
Groundcovers. MaypopLaurel 1 Mar 21, 2008 5:47 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America