Photo by Melody

Article: Cheating the Weatherman: Extending your season with Mini-greenhouses and Cold Frames: Good ideas!

Communities > Forums > Article: Cheating the Weatherman: Extending your season with Mini-greenhouses and Cold Frames
bookmark
Forum: Article: Cheating the Weatherman: Extending your season with Mini-greenhouses and Cold FramesReplies: 2, Views: 60
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ottoson
Yucca Valley, CA
(Zone 9a)

March 14, 2008
6:52 AM

Post #4661953

We have some iffy weather in the spring here too and it seems we can always count on that surprise cold snap...guess it shouldn't be a surprise anymore!! Thanks for some good ideas...gotta love gardening on the cheap! I've been drawn back to your photo over and over since reading your article like some strange deja vu and finally figured out why...was it taken at karri_sue's place by any chance?
DonShirer
Westbrook, CT
(Zone 6a)

March 14, 2008
1:08 PM

Post #4662308

Your picture gave me an idea. I have lots of PVC pipe and connectors left over from some summer tomato cages, I can make a cold frame from them in spring. Last year I tried enclosing an outdoor deck area with plastic, but it was too unwieldy, so this might be an alternative. Thanks!

carrielamont

carrielamont
Bedford, TX
(Zone 8a)

March 14, 2008
9:51 PM

Post #4664412

Hmmm great ideas, Glynis. I'm not sure how I personally will be able to incorporate them into my spring thinking, but really good ideas. Thank you. xxx, Carrie

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Cheating the Weatherman: Extending your season with Mini-greenhouses and Cold Frames Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Primitive methods? doccat5 3 Apr 15, 2013 10:35 AM
your pic of the mini-greenhouse above valzone5 0 Mar 27, 2008 3:31 PM
Loved this! LLMac 0 Dec 23, 2008 3:56 PM
Starting your own Greenhouse ej_the_dj 0 Apr 15, 2013 1:33 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America