Photo by Melody

Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love Them: I know where Derek is coming from.

Communities > Forums > Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love Them
bookmark
Forum: Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love ThemReplies: 1, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
LHicks
Charlotte, NC

March 15, 2008
2:53 PM

Post #4666955

If we lived where tarantula's were so common, we'd have to move or my husband would have a very long commute to see me (lol). Since we moved into a house, I'm kind of learning to tolerate spiders outside but once they cross my threshhold they are fair game for the bottom of my shoe or whatever I can get my hands on for smashing. I almost didn't make it through your article because of the pictures. The only thing I dislike about spring is that they seem to come out of hiding.
gloria125
Greensboro, AL

March 15, 2008
6:44 PM

Post #4667718

Thanks for this article, but I was sad that you didn't have a picture of "Mrs. Spider". lLast fall a large green spider took up residence in the crook of my refrigerator handle on the freezer side.

I decided to investigate her intentions and carefully avoided squashing her everytime I opened the freezer door of the refrigerator. Her intentions were apparently to make a home for her family. She spun a small web and eventually there was a papery case. I guess her babies were in there. The months of winter passed. Finally, Mrs. Spider was gone. I looked to see if she had fallen to the floor. Nothing could be found. All that was left was the papery case.

One day the papery case was also gone. No baby spiders were to be seen.

Perhaps I had inadvertently vacuumed them up. Perhaps the green beauties will come and visit me again. Or, Not.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Common Outdoor Spiders: Know Them, Love Them Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Nice article kniphofia 7 Aug 2, 2010 5:42 PM
Jumping spiders Machikoneko 5 Mar 4, 2011 1:15 PM
Spiders are AWESOME cluelessnTN 5 Aug 2, 2010 7:02 AM
Re: My spider with the happy face Britta1000 3 Oct 15, 2009 9:09 PM
Lovely spiders MelbaJ 0 Aug 2, 2010 4:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America