Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Kidnapped child!

Seattle, WA

Did anyone happen to hear the story of the kidnapped child today on NPR? Seems he was recovered, but two women both claimed to be the mother. Years later it was discovered he was turned over to the wrong one. Genealogy and determination proved it!

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Hey Velveteena - I missed most of the Saturday NPR today. How long ago did it happen? I might have to check their site and see if it's on there.

Seattle, WA

Hey, Katie. This weather is the pits for gardening, eh? Well, I think I heard the story on Saturday morning on KUOW, maybe on This American Life---it was one of those bizarre stories they specialize in, and that I love! The kidnapping itself took place around the turn of the last century, so the grandkids of the kidnapped child are still living. The one very determined descendant was, of course, vastly aided by both innovations in technology and improved sociological attitudes.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

. . . and wasn't anymore emotionally involved. It sounds like such a great story. I have found myself sitting in the car all too often so I can hear the end of This American Life.

Cold today - and we had a booming thunder pop last night at 2:15 a.m. that was the talk of Duvall today. It sounded like an explosion.

I did get alot done outside today, though - amending beds and cleaning up, and am sore and tired right now. Tomorrow morning's gonna be fun (not). :-)

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

What is NPR?

(Kim) Philadelphi, PA(Zone 6a)

National Public Radio

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

National Public Radio has lots of independently-produced radio shows from around the country. Because it's independently-funded (no advertising), what shows up on each station varies as much the station's funding.

Velveteena thought that maybe the program on which she heard the story was This American Life. Here's their site and the story itself. Is this the right one, V?

http://www.thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1234

I'm glad you asked because it reminded me to look further - I had gotten side-tracked. Thanks!

Kathy

Merrimac, WI(Zone 4b)

Thanks, Kathy.

Woodinville, WA(Zone 8b)

Just got done listening to the story. Had a few interruptions, so I'll have to listen again. What a great story. I just love This American Life - it's all personal stories about people's experiences. This one was amazing.

I've been known to sit in the car at the grocery story so I don't miss anything. Once again, this just proves why. You're welcome!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.