Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Dyeing Eggs Naturally: Printed this out!

Communities > Forums > Article: Dyeing Eggs Naturally
bookmark
Forum: Article: Dyeing Eggs NaturallyReplies: 2, Views: 27
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2008
2:04 PM

Post #4678060

for future reference. We are headed to the store for red cabbage!

I am curious, since these are dyed NATURALLY, why they shouldn't be eaten? SEems like such a waste of eggs. Could they at least be fed to animals? [our chicknes and cats love eggs!]
karri_sue
Jacumba, CA
(Zone 8b)

March 18, 2008
4:49 PM

Post #4678774

The reason that they shouldn't be eaten is that most of them are not cooked the proper amount of time and they are for display. I think if you cooked them the proper amount of time and didn't display them, there should be no reason not to eat them. I am having a hard time throwing the ones I made for this article away so I guess they will stay on display until they start stinking!
TamaraFaye
Fritch, TX
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2008
5:01 PM

Post #4678836

;-) we can't NOT eat our yummy eggs, gresh from the hens. maybe we will just buy some cheap one sfrom the store for coloring

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dyeing Eggs Naturally Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Beautiful.. Sharran 5 Mar 26, 2008 6:40 PM
Beautiful eggs...broken heart :) ottoson 4 Mar 24, 2008 4:05 PM
Estonian Easter Eggs PuddlePirate 1 Mar 25, 2008 1:43 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America