P.ligularis

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

looked up in the tree and saw this about 25 feet up

Thumbnail by phicks
HENDERSON, NV(Zone 9a)

I'd climb 25 feet for the seeds! lol~ that is Realllly nice!!!
fernman23

San Jose, CA(Zone 9a)

I am in California.Do you put anything special on your pasion flowers? My don't seem to grow that large.Yours is beautiful.

San Diego, CA

Are you gonna get mad at me if I tell you it isn't Ligularis?
Mark

HENDERSON, NV(Zone 9a)

LOL its 25 ft up! give him a break ~~just kidding, had to be a smartypants, and, whatever its var, I'd still love it over my head in my backyard, no doubt!
:D
fernman23

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

Nope Mark What One Is It? i use 10 10 10 Fertz. and some dry cow manure

NE, KS(Zone 5b)

Passiflora x decaisnea? Hi phicks! You lucky duck

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

why am i a lucky Duck?

LE TAMPON, Reunion (French)

Hi there,
This looks pretty much like P.alata to me, we have it growing in the wild in parts of the island here (I am on Reunion island, guess where this is!) If you grow it, do hand-pollinate and you'll get some tasty fruits!
Jean-Jacques

Tolleson, AZ(Zone 9a)

What ever it is I like it P.!

Yes, it is nice a one, just like the related ones; P.quadrangularis and the various hybrids between both. I also have a rather nice alata from seeds I was sent from Brazil, I call it alata 'big' as both flowers and fruits are much bigger than the average alata. Will send pics later.
JJacques

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

More Flowers

Thumbnail by phicks
Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

maybe passiflora cocinea?

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo

This is not Passiflora coccinea but P.vitifolia, you can tell by the leaves which have three lobed. By the way the species everybody has been calling coccinea for years is actually P.miniata, correction was done by John Vanderplank who is an international authority regarding passionflowers as well as curator of the national english collection.
You can hand-pollinate this plant and you will get ovoid fruits mottled like small water melon, the taste is quite acid but still edible if you don't mind spitting seeds.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

i have P Miniata

San Diego, CA

I see 4 leaf nodes, I too believe it to be Alata. Ruby Glow only has 2 leaf nodes and Quadrangularis has 6. It doesn't look like Decaisneana, so that leaves Alata.
Mark

Gulfport, FL(Zone 9b)

I agree with Mark.

Lakeland, FL(Zone 9b)

more pics

Thumbnail by phicks

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.