Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Vegetable Gardening: Droopy tomato plant

Communities > Forums > Vegetable Gardening
bookmark
Forum: Vegetable GardeningReplies: 5, Views: 139
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
sheeba
Mannford, OK

March 20, 2008
2:57 AM

Post #4685046

I started my tomatoes indoors in Feb. I am ready to plant them but one had become very droopy and the leaves are curling under. CAN ANYONE tell me why or give me suggestions on what to do. I donít want to plant it with the others if itís diseased, but don't want to start over needlessly either.
Suze_

(Zone 7b)

March 20, 2008
10:56 AM

Post #4685737

Need more information to help determine the problem and give good advice.

What variety? Some varieties do tend to be "droopy", for example, some heart/paste types.

How old is plant, what size pot?

Did you recently take it outside w/o gradually acclimating it to outdoor conditions (sun, wind, heat, cold) - otherwise known as hardening off?

Anything on the leaves like spotting or uneven coloration?
fourks
Evergreen, CO

March 20, 2008
3:54 PM

Post #4686691

If any of my little tomatoes look funny or are runts, I cull them out. Better safe then sorry. Usually start double what I really need anyways.

Good luck!

This message was edited Mar 20, 2008 9:55 AM
Dean_W
Central Texas, TX
(Zone 8b)

March 21, 2008
6:19 PM

Post #4691475

sheeba, how are your tomatoes looking?
Indy
Alexandria, IN
(Zone 6a)

March 21, 2008
6:24 PM

Post #4691501

Anna Russian looks funny, but is a really good heart shaped one.
sheeba
Mannford, OK

March 22, 2008
5:57 PM

Post #4695423

I bought the seed from Burpee. Tomato Viva Italia Hybrid

The best tomato for soups and ketchup. Vigorous plants yield an abundance of 3 oz. fruits.

80 days. The best tomato for soups and ketchup. Vigorous plants yield an abundance of 3 oz. fruits. Disease resistant. Determinate. Burpee exclusive.

I have put it in another room, away frorm the other tomatoes. It just look very unhealthy. I have it in a (6-inch diameter) pot. I sterilized the pots. I keep them indoors until the end of March after which I plant them with a wall of water around them incase it gets to cold.

You cannot post until you register, login and subscribe.

Other Vegetable Gardening Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
very important question farmgirl21 31 Jan 8, 2008 12:31 AM
Need Source For Chinese Vegetable Seed berrygirl 18 Jun 15, 2008 7:21 PM
An accidental lesson Farmerdill 26 Feb 24, 2013 12:10 PM
Planting the "Three sisters" HilltopDaisy 94 Jul 6, 2011 3:38 AM
Rhubarb emilyrasmus 19 Apr 25, 2013 4:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America