Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is!: For the unhandyman

Communities > Forums > Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is!Replies: 1, Views: 58
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
edgeoftheworld
Conneaut, OH
(Zone 5a)

March 20, 2008
11:36 PM

Post #4688235

I am not that handy making stuff.I purchased my barrels from ArronsRainBarrels.com. They are not cheap.I have 8 barrels.I purchased 4 one year and 4 the next.Aaron gave me free shipping because of the quanity.He will custom build it to your specifications.I have had them several years,I paid about $100.00 a peice for them.I had gutter pros come out to my house to reverse the gutter downspouts and plumb them in.I wanted all the barrels behind my house.I felt it might look bad to have them in the front of my house.Plus my flower gardens are in my backyard anyhow.They charged me $200.00.So I have about a grand into it.Was it worth it? Too me,yes.I hooked up soaker hoses to all of them.I ran the hoses all through my garden beds.The barrels fill up completely with one short downpour.Through the soaker hoses it takes about 4 days for them to empty.I never have to water any of my plants and my gardens always look great during the summer.The plants definitely do better with rain vs tap water.You are saving the planet and your water bill.I used to have problems in the spring with water in my basement,no more.For me the investment was well worth it.Edge
girlgroupgirl

March 21, 2008
8:23 PM

Post #4691945

Check with small local independent stores too. I work in a place that has rain barrels for under $90 here in GA, and counties and community gardens hold classes where you can make a barrel at a low cost.

GGG

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Roll out the barrel, the rain barrel that is! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great read, one question though astcgirl 6 Apr 7, 2008 9:13 PM
Good and timely article Dutchlady1 1 Mar 20, 2008 7:16 PM
great flowrgirl1 0 Mar 20, 2008 4:18 PM
Question re: winter gabagoo 7 Aug 27, 2009 12:55 AM
rainbarrel availability nettesbulldog 0 Mar 21, 2008 1:22 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America