Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Landscape: Pool Area: copper plants

Communities > Forums > Landscape: Pool Area
bookmark
Forum: Landscape: Pool AreaReplies: 2, Views: 127
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
onesunlover
kelowna
Canada

March 22, 2008
6:13 AM

Post #4694053

What a beautiful shrub. Will these grow in zone 6??? Thanks! Beautiful andscaping by the way! :)

Thumbnail by onesunlover
Click the image for an enlarged view.

GARDENNEWBY
Aliso Viejo, CA

March 22, 2008
9:30 PM

Post #4696062

Wow! I love this plant. What's it called?
crowellli
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

March 22, 2008
11:07 PM

Post #4696407

These are called by a variety of names: Copper Plant, Chenille Plant or Jacob's Coat. They have multicolored leaves and long fingey tassle blooms that look like chenille. The blooms are a soft burgundy color and the leaves are shades of geen, cream, pale pink and burgundy. I love them. They will sometimes freeze to the ground, but have always come back for me. This year, they didn't even freeze down and we had temps in the 20's. I don't know how well they'd fare in zone 6, but would be worth trying and just protect in the winter. They root easily from cuttings.

Crow

Post a reply to this thread:

Your message:

You may upload up to 5 images. Press CTRL to select more than one image file.

-

Other Landscape: Pool Area Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Trees surrounding pool georgiascv 4 Jun 27, 2011 10:45 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America