Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Lucky Bamboo: Wonderful information

Communities > Forums > Article: Lucky Bamboo
bookmark
Forum: Article: Lucky BambooReplies: 6, Views: 72
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

March 23, 2008
3:24 PM

Post #4698772

Thank you so much!!!! I have had several - gave up on the first, didn't understand - but this second one now stands a much better chance!!!!!!!!
planolinda
Plano, TX

March 23, 2008
4:01 PM

Post #4698936

i have one but wonder if you can ever plant them in soil?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 23, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #4699139

I have read that this plant does not like fluoridated water and I've have better luck keeping mine alive after switching from tap water. I use rain water or condensate from the air conditioner.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #9047571

I have one sitting on my kitchen counter that has been there at least ten years. I never have changed the water and use tap water in the container. I have cut off jillions of cuttings and given them to people after they root but still keep the same old plant because it has been faithful to me. LOL
Since I didn't know how to care for the plant apparently it has been lucky...Hence...LUCKY BAMBOO!
Lacey12
Burson, CA

March 19, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9048845

I have had one of these plants for about 3 years now. It came to me as a gift at about 8" tall and was planted in soil in a small slender pot with no drain hole. I water it sparingly because of the lack of drainage. I transplanted it after about 2 years as it was getting quite tall. It is presently about 4 feet tall. I am wondering how big it may get. It has many shoots and appears to be very healthy. I will need to transplant it soon. I keep it near a window in my living room - bright but, no direct sun. Do you think it might survive outdoors in zone 9? I am quite intrigued with it and enjoy it tremendously.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Klug
San Diego, CA

March 20, 2012
12:06 AM

Post #9049691

I have one that I rescued from a trash can. It is braided and I put it in a pot of dirt outside and it did quite well. However, I have no Idea of how to braid the long whips that come out of it and I was tired of them spoiling the braided look, so I just pinched them off about a month ago. So we'll see what happens now. The braid of the plant was what really interested me.
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

March 21, 2012
10:35 PM

Post #9052290

I am just guessing, but I think the braiding happens in the early growth time when the plant is placed on its side and the plant keeps trying to grow "up" - just a guess - or a sloppy memory!!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lucky Bamboo Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lucky? darius 16 Apr 26, 2010 4:27 AM
Great Article BonniesBasement 1 Mar 27, 2008 6:17 PM
Mosquito danger Dutchlady1 0 Apr 26, 2010 4:26 AM
Lucky Bamboo healthychoices 1 Apr 26, 2010 9:16 AM
Who knew? steadycam3 0 Mar 18, 2012 6:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America