Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

March 23, 2008
3:24 PM

Post #4698772

Thank you so much!!!! I have had several - gave up on the first, didn't understand - but this second one now stands a much better chance!!!!!!!!
planolinda
Plano, TX

March 23, 2008
4:01 PM

Post #4698936

i have one but wonder if you can ever plant them in soil?
Kelli
L.A. (Canoga Park), CA
(Zone 10a)

March 23, 2008
5:06 PM

Post #4699139

I have read that this plant does not like fluoridated water and I've have better luck keeping mine alive after switching from tap water. I use rain water or condensate from the air conditioner.
Elena
Middle, TN
(Zone 6b)

March 18, 2012
2:12 PM

Post #9047571

I have one sitting on my kitchen counter that has been there at least ten years. I never have changed the water and use tap water in the container. I have cut off jillions of cuttings and given them to people after they root but still keep the same old plant because it has been faithful to me. LOL
Since I didn't know how to care for the plant apparently it has been lucky...Hence...LUCKY BAMBOO!
Lacey12
Burson, CA

March 19, 2012
11:23 AM

Post #9048845

I have had one of these plants for about 3 years now. It came to me as a gift at about 8" tall and was planted in soil in a small slender pot with no drain hole. I water it sparingly because of the lack of drainage. I transplanted it after about 2 years as it was getting quite tall. It is presently about 4 feet tall. I am wondering how big it may get. It has many shoots and appears to be very healthy. I will need to transplant it soon. I keep it near a window in my living room - bright but, no direct sun. Do you think it might survive outdoors in zone 9? I am quite intrigued with it and enjoy it tremendously.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Klug
San Diego, CA

March 20, 2012
12:06 AM

Post #9049691

I have one that I rescued from a trash can. It is braided and I put it in a pot of dirt outside and it did quite well. However, I have no Idea of how to braid the long whips that come out of it and I was tired of them spoiling the braided look, so I just pinched them off about a month ago. So we'll see what happens now. The braid of the plant was what really interested me.
wannadanc
Olympia, WA

March 21, 2012
10:35 PM

Post #9052290

I am just guessing, but I think the braiding happens in the early growth time when the plant is placed on its side and the plant keeps trying to grow "up" - just a guess - or a sloppy memory!!!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Lucky Bamboo Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Lucky? darius 16 Apr 26, 2010 4:27 AM
Great Article BonniesBasement 1 Mar 27, 2008 6:17 PM
Mosquito danger Dutchlady1 0 Apr 26, 2010 4:26 AM
Lucky Bamboo healthychoices 1 Apr 26, 2010 9:16 AM
Who knew? steadycam3 0 Mar 18, 2012 6:41 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America