Photo by Melody

Article: Pasqueflowers - The Flower of Easter: Just starting to come up.

Communities > Forums > Article: Pasqueflowers - The Flower of Easter
bookmark
Forum: Article: Pasqueflowers - The Flower of EasterReplies: 5, Views: 73
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
ladygardener1
Near Lake Erie, NW, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2008
1:17 AM

Post #4700805

Found out how to post a pic...Start a new subject!!!!

Thumbnail by ladygardener1
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

March 24, 2008
9:53 AM

Post #4701882

mine are under 4 feet of snow! they won't bloom until mid-May for me!
Fitsy
Hayesville, NC
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
1:22 PM

Post #4702270

Thank you so very much for the info and
beautiful photos.
I need to find out if I am too far south.
Fitsy
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 6, 2010
2:24 PM

Post #7684761

Hey Todd. Man your shovel. My pasque flowers are at the bottom of a very slight slope down to a path by my pond. I have judiciously removed show and found them growing along with all manner of stuff. Helleborus, bleeding heart, columbine, iris, tulips. I am amazed. 'course it decided to snow on my last night but it is almost melted away now. It is still about 1.5' deep in the middle of the lawn from winter's accumulation. It would help if my husband would stop snow blowing the sidewalk and driveway on top of my gardens. LOL

Thumbnail by Oberon46
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Todd_Boland
St. John's, NL
(Zone 5b)

April 6, 2010
4:36 PM

Post #7685038

This year they are snow-free and the buds are just starting to show so they should be open by late April.
Oberon46
(Mary) Anchorage, AK
(Zone 5b)

April 19, 2010
6:09 AM

Post #7717521

I bragged too soon. We received a major dump about 12" of heavy snow and it has taken almost a week for it to finally melt off. I was tickled to see my crocus (which had been blooming before the dump) popping up out of the snow in little melted circles. So cool. I planted Yellow Chiffon, Mackinac Red, and Coral Sunset peonies last October (I dig the hole and keep the dirt in the garage so when they arrive late I can get them in the ground that is already frozen.) I see little pips coming up. I am amazed that they grow and develop over the winter. They have to to be able to send up shoots so soon. Of course, I place the tops just two inches below ground but still the tubers themselves have to be doing something for them to push up out of the dirt. I have growth on my phlox, Valerie Finnis, and oh pooh. More than I can keep track of. I have a database to enter that data into. Dates of first sprouts, first blossom, duration, end of flowering, etc. Also notes to myself on what works and what I am trying. It's fun and keeps my Access skills sharp and growing. Your articles are of particular interest since you share our zone somewhat. Thanks, Mary

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Pasqueflowers - The Flower of Easter Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Just what I needed grampapa 11 Apr 12, 2010 5:42 PM
Pasque Flower Hardiness glacierview 0 Mar 24, 2008 10:02 PM
One of my favorite spring flowers labslover 0 Apr 6, 2010 5:00 PM
Pasque flowers fotofashion 4 Apr 10, 2010 2:39 PM
Grecian Windflowers? jazzy1okc 0 Apr 6, 2010 6:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America