Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!: Wish....

Communities > Forums > Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!Replies: 5, Views: 99
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
12:27 PM

Post #4702091

I do wish we could grow tulips like that here, we get one shot - and that is if we buy the bulbs new each year prechilled. Love tulips and great article.
gardener413
Mt.Pleasant, SC
(Zone 8b)

March 24, 2008
12:48 PM

Post #4702152

I bought hundreds this year knowing they probably will not comebck up. But they are and were so beautiful. I don' buy mine prechilled, too expensive. I put them in my refrigerator for 6 - 8 weeks. Takes up a lot of space so I bought a cheap little dorm fridge.Works great. Hope you had good luck with yours. They sure come and go quickly.
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
1:11 PM

Post #4702232

I dont have that much space to prechill or I would!
Annepaola
Manahawkin, NJ
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
2:30 PM

Post #4702569

Beautiful and very interesting. My daughter who dearly loves tulips will enjoy reading this. I have much the same thing going on with daffodils but not nearly as organized as you! But I have had blooms since Feb 7 this year and will have some all through until May unless we have a super hot spell. It delights me, and of course daffs are easier to grow and not attractive to pests.
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2008
2:33 PM

Post #4702583

It's too bad they won't come back for you folks in the south. I'd be like you, gardener413 and buy some anyway. :-) You can get them cheap.

You guys can grow plenty of beautiful flowers that I can't, so I just can't bring myself to feel THAT sorry for you. LOL!

Thank you for your kind words.

gardener413
Mt.Pleasant, SC
(Zone 8b)

March 2, 2009
3:44 PM

Post #6210903

Mine started blooming last week. I live in coastal SC. I love them. I know they are only one time shot for us as well. But I just can not help myself. I buy most of mine online, Scheepers or Brent and Beckys and thrown them in the fridge for 8 weeks or so.

They are so lovely.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
do you expect them back? carrielamont 9 Mar 26, 2008 1:43 AM
Nice Article MistyPetals 1 Mar 25, 2008 3:17 AM
tulips Mariomeggie 0 Mar 24, 2008 9:07 PM
Today's sprouts McGlory 0 Mar 25, 2008 1:05 AM
Do you lift your bulbs? tlmay 2 Mar 14, 2011 4:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America