Photo by Melody

Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!: Wish....

Communities > Forums > Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!Replies: 5, Views: 99
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
12:27 PM

Post #4702091

I do wish we could grow tulips like that here, we get one shot - and that is if we buy the bulbs new each year prechilled. Love tulips and great article.
gardener413
Mt.Pleasant, SC
(Zone 8b)

March 24, 2008
12:48 PM

Post #4702152

I bought hundreds this year knowing they probably will not comebck up. But they are and were so beautiful. I don' buy mine prechilled, too expensive. I put them in my refrigerator for 6 - 8 weeks. Takes up a lot of space so I bought a cheap little dorm fridge.Works great. Hope you had good luck with yours. They sure come and go quickly.
MitchF
Lindsay, OK
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
1:11 PM

Post #4702232

I dont have that much space to prechill or I would!
Annepaola
Manahawkin, NJ
(Zone 7a)

March 24, 2008
2:30 PM

Post #4702569

Beautiful and very interesting. My daughter who dearly loves tulips will enjoy reading this. I have much the same thing going on with daffodils but not nearly as organized as you! But I have had blooms since Feb 7 this year and will have some all through until May unless we have a super hot spell. It delights me, and of course daffs are easier to grow and not attractive to pests.
McGlory
Southeast, NE
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2008
2:33 PM

Post #4702583

It's too bad they won't come back for you folks in the south. I'd be like you, gardener413 and buy some anyway. :-) You can get them cheap.

You guys can grow plenty of beautiful flowers that I can't, so I just can't bring myself to feel THAT sorry for you. LOL!

Thank you for your kind words.

gardener413
Mt.Pleasant, SC
(Zone 8b)

March 2, 2009
3:44 PM

Post #6210903

Mine started blooming last week. I live in coastal SC. I love them. I know they are only one time shot for us as well. But I just can not help myself. I buy most of mine online, Scheepers or Brent and Beckys and thrown them in the fridge for 8 weeks or so.

They are so lovely.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
do you expect them back? carrielamont 9 Mar 26, 2008 1:43 AM
Nice Article MistyPetals 1 Mar 25, 2008 3:17 AM
tulips Mariomeggie 0 Mar 24, 2008 9:07 PM
Today's sprouts McGlory 0 Mar 25, 2008 1:05 AM
Do you lift your bulbs? tlmay 2 Mar 14, 2011 4:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America