Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Proper Pruning of Pear Trees: WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

Communities > Forums > Article: Proper Pruning of Pear Trees
bookmark
Forum: Article: Proper Pruning of Pear TreesReplies: 0, Views: 14
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
docgipe
NORTH CENTRAL, PA
(Zone 5a)

March 24, 2008
12:34 PM

Post #4702109

I started both of my boys when they were knee high to Hecter's Pup. Little by little they grew into their own gardening styles. They are both like dad about 99% organic. They started the pear insanity. I followed. Today finding three to five Asians on our properties is common.

I prune the dickens out of them yearly to limit size and production. Each has its own great flavor. The deer clean up the left over drops every fall. I am so appreciative of the best that I have even culled producing trees on two occasions to make room for another possible best Asian in our opinion. The wife and I share pears all over the neighborhood. Strange as easy as they are to grow that few if any friends have planted their own Asian Pears. We have never had fire blight on the Asians.

The only spraying they get is the early season Neem Oil sprays. One early before the spring awakening and another before the buds open. That's all the care they get except for thining which makes larger fruit.

Thanks for this great article.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Proper Pruning of Pear Trees Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
wish I had a pear tree ..... Sharran 12 Mar 24, 2008 10:06 PM
Ixia Viridiaflora steve66 1 Mar 26, 2008 9:15 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America