Photo by Melody

Article: Slug Those Slugs!: I have a question

Communities > Forums > Article: Slug Those Slugs!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Slug Those Slugs!Replies: 2, Views: 98
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

March 24, 2008
2:55 PM

Post #4702701

Why such a weak solution of ammonia to water and WHY spray after dark. We use a much stronger solution and spray whenever we see them. I keep a spray bottle handy when I garden. Of course, I am going for a direct hit. Since I wear gloves while I garden, I just pull them off or throw them out on the lawn and then spray. Works for snails, too.
Never watering at night or evening is not an option here in Oregon. God does it, especially in the spring when slugs are hungriest.
Now I am going to look for the ingredient iron phosphate on my slug bait box that I just purchased. I am also going to check on my kohlrabi starts that I baited with the new box of bait. And I will take my spray bottle along, too. Armed and ready for war I go off to the spring garden.
Thanks for the great article. I really did like it.
tonileland
Uncasville, CT
(Zone 6a)

March 24, 2008
3:51 PM

Post #4702938

Hi from another Oregonian!
I grew up in Oregon and spent every weekend at my family's cottage in Reedsport. LOVE the ocean and miss it a lot.

Since you toss the slugs onto the grass, you can use a stronger solution; otherwise, you'll burn your plants.

Glad you enjoyed the article. I enjoy hearing from everyone who posts.

beebonnet

beebonnet
Coos Bay, OR
(Zone 9a)

March 25, 2008
6:55 PM

Post #4708427

Thanks tonileland for your answer. It's actually kinder to use a stronger solution, as they slim away faster. Yuk!! Anyway, hope you return to your native state someday. It is still the best one in my humble opinion, slugs and all. LOL

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Slug Those Slugs! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Slugs ringwood 2 Mar 24, 2008 2:41 PM
Thank you, Toni! cyra 0 Mar 24, 2008 11:28 AM
slugs rachel211 0 Mar 24, 2008 11:35 AM
slugs Juinette 1 Mar 24, 2008 12:25 PM
Good article pirl 7 Mar 25, 2008 3:13 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America