fireplace recipes please

Adairsville, GA

trying to get together some recipes i could do on our fireplace. i assume its almost the same as campfire cooking which i have never been good at. always forget something or don't like being left behind while everyone else has fun. so if anyone has got a recipe i'd like to try it out. bread, pototoes, soups, stews, pies, ect.... thanks.

Rapid City, SD(Zone 4b)

I cant think of any off hand, but the best book I have found is called "cooking on a stick". My kids and I loved just about everything this book has to offer...

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/isbn=9780879057275/search=0879057270/st=query

or just google it

Charleston, WV

Try this one--My kids like to do it when we are out camping, and sometimes over our firepit:

1 lb groung beef (or actually, we use ground venison)
4 Med potatoes, diced
2 carrots--sliced thin
1 small onion-diced
salt
pepper

Divide ingredients equally by 4. Place in self made heavy duty aluminum foil packet. Use the salt/pepper to taste, then fold packets closed. You can cook it over the fire by 1)poking a weiner roasting stick through one end then the other, 2) put it in one of those 'grilled cheese' makers that are made for a camp fire, or 3) toss it on a grill. They are tasty, easy, and quick.

Kalispell, MT(Zone 4b)

Mine is made in a dutch oven. Simple and safe the children await, the sugary flavor that you simply Bake. Marie Calendars Corn Bread. Soaked in honey your have them find in a sugary honey cone you have brought along. Now you have them find in a tree or log nearby. Hidden by something nature provides. This gives them a sense of wanting natural foods and allows you to teach them about nature to appreciate it more as an adult with a fond memory of on summer camp.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.