Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!: Nice Article

Communities > Forums > Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips!Replies: 1, Views: 29
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC

March 24, 2008
8:18 PM

Post #4704049

I enjoyed reading this article about a flower I've loved since childhood. I remember drawing them in a child's hand with a U as the bud's base and several letter V's as the "petals." (lol at the pleasant memory from long ago)
Mine are brightening the outside of my small cottage at the present and I am delighted (as are the neighbors who are gawking). Part of the joy I received this year was gardening with my DH who proudly speaks of 'his tulips.'
He is planning next year's tulip purchase/planting already. It bought out the kid in us both to wait for the blooms and when they lifted their colorful heads, we were thrilled!
I am really hoping to find more Darwins for next year and keeping our fingers crossed that Darwins purchased this year will make a come back here in Zone 7B.
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

March 25, 2008
3:17 AM

Post #4706071

I really liked the article, but then I really like tulips. Fun reading!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Weeks and Weeks and Weeks of Tulips! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wish.... MitchF 5 Mar 2, 2009 3:44 PM
do you expect them back? carrielamont 9 Mar 26, 2008 1:43 AM
tulips Mariomeggie 0 Mar 24, 2008 9:07 PM
Today's sprouts McGlory 0 Mar 25, 2008 1:05 AM
Do you lift your bulbs? tlmay 2 Mar 14, 2011 4:36 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America