Photo by Melody

Article: Dairy Farmer's Journal: Dogs: Awesome article!

Communities > Forums > Article: Dairy Farmer's Journal: Dogs
bookmark
Forum: Article: Dairy Farmer's Journal: DogsReplies: 6, Views: 51
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

March 25, 2008
12:46 PM

Post #4706922

I loved reading about all of your farm dogs. I could just picture them and their unique personalities.
AYankeeCat
Fairfield County, CT
(Zone 6b)

March 25, 2008
1:31 PM

Post #4707093

Me, too.
MaryE
Baker City, OR
(Zone 5b)

March 26, 2008
3:39 AM

Post #4710394

What a delightful collection of dogs and dog stories you have shared with us. Thank you.
joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

July 20, 2009
6:21 PM

Post #6842438

Love the dog stories! Would really love to read more detailed stories about the individual dogs- I'm sure you have tons of anecdotes! We have our own farm dog, Monster, but he's more like a pet that doesn't "do" anything. No fenced yard here and we're too close to the road for him to be safe. Here's a pic of him "on the job" lol.

Thumbnail by joeyramone
Click the image for an enlarged view.

Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 20, 2009
8:15 PM

Post #6842902

Thanks.
We don't have a fenced yard either, and live on a state highway, but so far (knock on wood) our dogs have stayed out of harms way. Actually, more dogs have been hurt in the driveway and barn than on the road. One thing about most Border Collies, if you impress upon them strongly that something is out of bounds, they will take you at your word and stay away. Of course, it helps that we keep them busy.
joeyramone
Schenectady, NY

July 29, 2009
2:00 PM

Post #6879609

Monster's got Samoyed in him and the willfullness that goes with it. He'll listen- UNLESS he sees something interesting, then off he goes. No real boundaries as far as he's concerned.
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

July 29, 2009
7:30 PM

Post #6880994

My parents had a husky that had a bit more wolf in her than normal. She lived in the basement in the winter and howled like the call of the wild. If she wasn't tied up when it snowed, she'd be off in a heartbeat.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Dairy Farmer's Journal: Dogs Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful dog stories sallyg 11 Mar 31, 2008 2:39 PM
Thanks for the Wonderful Article suefalls 1 Mar 31, 2008 2:42 PM
Bless your heart! mamoriah 1 May 19, 2008 7:13 PM
farm dog deniselhyde 1 Mar 12, 2013 4:52 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America