Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Pachypodiums- THE caudiciform collectors plant- Introduction to the species and cultivational suggestions: always wonderful

Communities > Forums > Article: Pachypodiums- THE caudiciform collectors plant- Introduction to the species and cultivational suggestions
bookmark
Forum: Article: Pachypodiums- THE caudiciform collectors plant- Introduction to the species and cultivational suggestionsReplies: 5, Views: 44
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

March 25, 2008
8:33 PM

Post #4708768

Yet another very interesting and informative article.

FYI I have a P. Baronii in a pot in my lanai in Naples, Florida and it is quite happy here.

Just wondering if you have heard of the spines of P. Lamerei being poisonous? A friend was 'stung' by one and had a very bad reaction.
GranvilleSouth

(Zone 10a)

March 25, 2008
9:15 PM

Post #4708867

Thanks a mint Geoff. I have a young P. horombense raised from seed & some other species I am about to try germinating. Can't think where else I could have found so much useful info. As usual, the pictures you've gathered for the article are amazing too.
Fat plants rule.
Mondavid
San Diego, CA

April 9, 2008
3:01 AM

Post #4779306

Geoff,
you have one of the most entertaining sites. I love all your photos and your info is so...informative.
I reside in the Point Loma San Diego and have a couple of Lamerei, one of which is getting to a nice size, about 4 ft, and a Namaquanum, and a Geayi. I am happy to report good news on the Lam and the Nam but the Geayi have been a challenge. Too much water i think.
I will get more and control myself with the watering thing better.
Thanks for the advice and guidance.

PS we have a truly wonderful pair of Bismarckia palms at Balboa Park if you're ever here, go see them, they are by the Botanical Garden (slat house)

Sincerely, DZ

palmbob

palmbob
Acton, CA
(Zone 8b)

April 9, 2008
2:30 PM

Post #4781132

thanks... actually the very Bismarckias you speak of I have photographs of in the plant files
Mondavid
San Diego, CA

April 10, 2008
1:39 AM

Post #4784489

I should have known it.
I wish I had room in my yard for some of those beauts. I'm not much of a palm guy but Bismarckias are truly exceptional and well worth the real estate.
cabngirl
Sonoma, CA

October 23, 2011
7:54 PM

Post #8860923

Ditto; nice orientation to pachypodiums. I was considering trying to start some seed and am looking (around DG) for some tips. Like that awesome article about aloes- have my first successful attempt at aloe seeds- (half-dozen A. polyphylla)-couple look like they are going to make it.

GranvilleSouth wrote:Thanks a mint Geoff. I have a young P. horombense raised from seed & some other species I am about to try germinating. Can't think where else I could have found so much useful info. As usual, the pictures you've gathered for the article are amazing too.
Fat plants rule.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Pachypodiums- THE caudiciform collectors plant- Introduction to the species and cultivational suggestions Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Propogation AarronIkarus 1 Feb 27, 2010 11:04 PM
What type is it? doug64123 2 Jul 13, 2009 7:42 PM
Outstanding! Meg2 1 Nov 26, 2012 3:54 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America