12 Block Swap #3 (Putting it together)

South Central, IA(Zone 5a)

Just a 'teaser'

I love the way they are coming together

Thumbnail by llilyfan

another block, this was the only one with no green, so I decided to go with a green sash with little yellow flowers. The was yellow in all but 1 block.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

Here is what the first row looks like. Still have a lot to do but I am real happy so far.

Gotta get ready for work in just a bit so that's it for now.

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

looking good!

scio, oregon, OR(Zone 8a)

Looking great!!!

Thanks' Just got home and had supper so I'm heading back upstairs to sew some more.

I'm waiting for others to post your progress also.

Somehow I was mistaken about the yellow in all but 1 block, really 3 blocks don't have yellow but I think it will all work out.

Rain forcast for all day and I have it off.....so I guess I might as well sew for awhile.........;-)

Anyone else getting their top together besides BBBeth and myself? Hers is so great I was inspired to get started on mine.

Just found out I can't count! This should have been thread 4!

This is how far I've gotten this morning so far, can you tell I'm excited about this?

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

It is looking great!

wow!

My top is Done!

True confessions before I show you the completed top. There was one block that I just couldn't figure out how to fit it in my top. I was really upset about this because I wanted to keep all of my blocks in the same project. The block was 2busygardening's block. It was just too big and I just couldn't seem to make any of my ideas work.

Please forgive me for not including it in the top Betsy. I was going to settle for making it into a totebag when the most wonderful idea sprang into my head. I would need a pillowsham with this quilt! So the 'troublesome' block for me has actually become my favorite!

Here it is ready to be quilted and then have the back attached.

Thumbnail by llilyfan

And.................here is the quilt top it is going to be enthroned upon

Thumbnail by llilyfan
Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

that turned out great...will you get it quilted as fast as you pieced it? If so you are officially amazing!

Thanks, I think it is beginners luck, it is my first quilt ever larger than a crib quilt and I've only made 2 of those.

I have a 'working' arrangement with an older lady in town who quilts and either she will quilt it for me or give me some help which is in exchange for some work I've done for her. I don't know how long this stage will take.

Mesilla Park, NM

That looks fantastic.. I love it and the idea with the larger block for a pillow sham. You have done a great job.

Plymouth, WI(Zone 8b)

Lilyfan, this looks wonderful. Everyone did such a great job on the blocks!

(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

llilyfan it is really gorgeous. What size did it come out to be? The pillowsham knocks my socks off. You did and excellent job.

As it hangs it is 55 wide by 83 long, what size is that? I think it will fit a twin bed.

That picture of the pillow sham makes it look square, but really it is about 2 inches larger than a pillowcase, so it is a rectangle.

Thank you for your kind words. I was rather overwhelmed when I opened the envelope and saw so many different designs and colors. I didn't see anyway possible to make a cohesive quilt............

I am hoping to do something like this again, there is just so much talent here at Dave's

Plymouth, WI(Zone 8b)

Ahh, but green is a magical color and always seems to bring things together. Kind of like a flower garden. Even when things may not be a perfect match, the green can tie it all together.

Mesilla Park, NM

That pillow sham could almost be made into a wall hanging above the bed.. and would look great.

Are you saying I stumbled upon a good thing and didn't even know it.....LOL

As far as the pillow sham being a wall hanging, most of my bedrooms have those slanting walls and very little verticle, so really no hanging spots once you add doors and windows!

So is anybody else making any progress on their project/projects? I really wnat to see what eeryone else does.

better go get ready for work...........later

Mesilla Park, NM

I've got mine spread on the bed trying to figure out which way I like it best. I keep moving the blocks around.

Dade City, FL(Zone 9a)

i love the way you used my big block.
Thank you soooooooooo much.

I moved the blocks around for a couple of days before I made my final placement, so i know what you are talking about gourd.

2 busy......I'm glad you like it. I have it hanging on a chair back in the tv room so I can see it!

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

I really love that way that turned out lilyfan! I was stumped on how to bring it all together. I think I will use a multiple of one block like you did. 2busygardening, that block of yours has really grown on me and I am still thinking about the best way to use it. I seem to change my mind on a daily basis! :^)

I got that idea from byndeweedbeth. She posted on another thread. she set her blocks in the center and framed them with the other blocks. It was insiration I was in need of!

Hey bwbeth how is your top coming along...................picture please

(Pat) Kennewick, WA(Zone 5b)

I have not started on mine yet! I have several things going on at work and home, so I tabled this for bit. Thanks for sharing your work friends! It helps me get inspired. I too was considering 'framing" the oversized block and using it as a center. Who knows WHAT I'm going to do! It will be a while from now unfortunately! ~ Pat

I want to lay mine out on the grass to photograph it now, to get in everybodies blocks...but the grass is too wet right now. If I lay it out on the floor it will get dirty and the dogs will step on it. My first photo was on the bed and some blocks were hanging over the edge. I'm still adding to it! When I do the monthly blocks, I do one for myself and add it on.

If we get a dry day, I'll lay it out on the grass and post a photo!

Hey Quilter Block Swap Addicts! We still have room for 2 more people on a new kind of block swap. Come read and sign up if you are interested. http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/t/832640/

Okay it got dry enough to lay this out. the four yellow leaves will eventually end up centered, but I need to add a couple more rows and a border.

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth

another

Thumbnail by ByndeweedBeth
(Linda) Winfield, KS(Zone 6a)

wow that is soooo pretty.

It's coming along! I have NOT thought that far ahead yet!

Rock Hill, SC(Zone 7b)

I like the black background...love seeing everyones pictures.

That is sooo pretty, the pictures you posted earlier are what inspired me on my top!

Mine went to be quilted today! She is very good and quick also! I am excited to get it home and bound.

Cocoa Beach, FL(Zone 10a)

Very nice pictures.

Columbia, MO(Zone 5b)

BB, that turned out really well! I have been really busy the last couple of weeks so have not put anything together yet. Soon I hope!

Dade City, FL(Zone 9a)

This a picture of the pillow I made for my sewing room with the embroidered flower block.

Thumbnail by 2busygardening

Great! I love those little poppies!!

Dade City, FL(Zone 9a)

pillow #2

Thumbnail by 2busygardening

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images