Passiflora in zone 7b any recommendations?

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I think passiflora are just gorgeous and would love to grow some but I live in zone 7b. I do have a greenhouse that I can overwinter them in. Any suggestions of genus/species/cultivars that would do well here? I saw "sherry" on the cover of Wayside Gardens, she's a beauty http://www.waysidegardens.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/StoreCatalogDisplay?storeId=10151&catalogId=10151&langId=-1&SearchText=sherry&mainPage=textsearchresults&RequestType=NewRequest

Thanks, Rachel

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

BAD, BAD RACHAEL. LOL!!!!!!!!!
you never should have put that link. now i'm going to order it. see what you did? did you get one

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

rachael, i forgot to answer your question. i have 6 all different kinds, and they all over-winter well in my spare bedroom.
i gave in and ordered it!

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I haven't ordered it, yet.... :0) I was reading the reviews in Garden Watchdog and Wayside has really poor ratings, have you ordered from them before? If so how was your experience? I searched Plant Scout for it and no one else has it.

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i've ordered from them before with no problems
won't be able to sleep waiting for my new passi

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

racheal, have you decided to order sherry?

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

I'm still thinking about it. I'm going to check my local nurseries and see what they have to offer :0)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

rachael, sherry came last week. she is beautiful

Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Please post a pic when she blooms :0)

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

i will

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

racheal, sherry opened today

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

She is beautiful, I will definetly have to buy her :0) Enjoy!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

sherry got another bloom today

Thumbnail by jordankittyjo
Olympia, WA(Zone 7b)

Your killing me girl. I'm going to order one today, I just can't help myself any longer!

Bessemer, AL(Zone 8b)

thats what you said last week LOL

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.