Calling all "judges" for the annual DG County Fair! Vote for your favorites here!

Hardy plants for the northeast.

Worcester, MA

i live in zone 5 and am wondering if you know of any cactus and otherr succulents that I can keep in the yard all year. I have some hens and chicks, tried a cactus that was supposed to be able to stay outside but after this winterr looks dead. That's all I've tried.

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

Hi Maureen,
Chantell was kind enough to post this link for me yesterday in another thread:
http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/p.php?pid=3476134

It's a list of many good threads here in the past discussing cold hardy cacti. I hope you'll find some info here that is helpful to you...at least it's a start! :-)
Sheri

Southern Dutchess Co, NY(Zone 5b)

What a wonderful list of links, Sheri! I live in zone 5 (I've also seen it listed as 6 at times), and find there are many sedums that are hardy in this area. - Lynn

Las Cruces, NM(Zone 8a)

I'm always so jealous of the fabulous rock gardens that folks in cooler zones can build with sedums and sempervivums. That's an example of a plant that is difficult here... the only way I can keep mine happy in my hot dry summers is to keep them cowering in shade with plenty of water! But, I'm still trying...!
Sheri

Middle of, VA(Zone 7a)

Thanks, Sheri!! Always happy to see someone north trying their hand at these pretties!!

Post a Reply to this Thread

You cannot post until you , sign up and subscribe. to post.