Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Master Gardeners, Who they are, What they do: MG's in Oregon

Communities > Forums > Article: Master Gardeners, Who they are, What they do
bookmark
Forum: Article: Master Gardeners, Who they are, What they doReplies: 0, Views: 13
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
jangoodwin
Lake Oswego, OR

March 31, 2008
3:23 PM

Post #4735104

Hi Paul:

Thanks for the article. Here in Oregon, we pay $295 for 66 hours of classroom time and do 50 hours of volunteer work. To keep our certification, we have to register annually for classes and community volunteer time. No better way to keep current on just about all aspects of life in the garden. MG is hugely enriching, personally, and for community involvement. All the things that seem so daunting when you first consider enrollment, i.e., can I study? can I sit in a classroom all day?,
do I have the time or interest to volunteer?, just fade away when you absorb the information discussed.

MG's are a generous league, and gladly share their garden interests and experiences. I am often reminded that my best garden tips have come from an MG's experience rather than my local nursery
staff. I have certainly learned to be an efficient, thrifty gardner, from the lectures on composting,
additives, pesticides, etc. My garden is now a natural, beautiful thing, without the annual trip to nursery supply for all those items that I never needed.

I would encourage anyone considering the program to jump in and enjoy!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Master Gardeners, Who they are, What they do Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
March 15 Master Gardener Day bugme 12 Apr 1, 2008 3:24 PM
Searching for my niche wannadanc 1 Mar 27, 2008 10:09 PM
Fun being a MG happgarden 0 Mar 28, 2008 12:46 AM
WV MGs MrsFroggies 1 Apr 1, 2008 10:49 PM
thank you for sharing rubyw 0 Mar 31, 2008 2:08 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America