Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Bee balm (Monarda): Nice article

Communities > Forums > Article: Bee balm (Monarda)
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bee balm (Monarda)Replies: 4, Views: 37
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
debi_k
S of Lake Ontario, NY
(Zone 6a)

April 2, 2008
10:17 AM

Post #4744828

Bee Balm may have been what really started me off to gardening as I know it today. My sister had some in her garden but didn't know what it was. So, I went to a bookstore, flipping thru garden books until I found a picture for a positive ID. Then, I bought the book, and spent that entire winter reading and reading and reading. The more I read, the more I wanted, and the more my little garden grew.
Enjoyed your article, and enjoy Bee Balm, just moved some closer to my deck last fall to see more hummers at a closer range.
Lindawalkabout
Holden, MO
(Zone 5b)

April 2, 2008
2:46 PM

Post #4745678

Love Bee Balm, We have it growing wild along the roads.

You gave me some ideas for planting the BBalm that I have growing from seed sharing friends here in DG along with the Tall Phlox co-op & Echinacea. OH I need to get a sittin bench and just watch the critters. Can't wait : )

Lol on your Mom working the Bee Balm.

Great tips , great pictures and once again another great artical. Thank you
threegardeners
North Augusta, ON

April 2, 2008
3:01 PM

Post #4745759

Glad you enjoyed it, and found it helpful.

Perfect timing on the Phlox and Echinacea...LOL It truly is one of my favourite combinations.
leaflady
Hughesville, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 2, 2008
6:05 PM

Post #4746524

I have transported quite a lot of the wild Monarda into my yarden. I have trouble getting the domesticated ones to grow here for me. I have tried several. I think it is the heavy black clay(gumbo)soil that we have. I have tried amending it but so far not much lasting success. I do love it.
fancyvan
Calgary, AB
(Zone 3a)

April 2, 2008
11:29 PM

Post #4747831

Love it!

Does pretty well in Zone 3 too!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bee balm (Monarda) Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Great article doccat5 1 Apr 3, 2008 3:29 AM
Any tips on germination? tucsonjill 2 Apr 2, 2008 5:32 PM
Now I've got to grow some Monarda! Fleurs 2 Apr 9, 2008 3:32 AM
yellow bee balm NDFarmgirl 1 Aug 7, 2008 10:10 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America