Photo by Melody
It's time now to VOTE in our 14th annual photo contest! Voting ends November 7, so be sure to cast your votes for your favorites in each category here. Good luck to all contestants!

Welcome Mat: Hello from goofybulb, "renewed and improved" !

Communities > Forums > Welcome Mat
bookmark
Forum: Welcome MatReplies: 5, Views: 53
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
goofybulb
El Paso, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 2, 2008
6:42 PM

Post #4746633

And thank you to all that made me feel at home, either by giving me advice, or by giving support to other beginners and non-subscribers (that I read and adsorbed passionately), or by providing great info in their articles, or treating me nice and including a (at that time) non-subscriber in their SASBE offers, or for just providing fun and cheerfulness in their posts!
It is you that always makes me come back to this site, so, beginning with April fool's day, I joined fully!

I consider myself quite a beginner in all I do in the garden, and I will need a lot of advice and "moral support" from you, my friends! (and believe me, I will start bombarding with questions and problems soon!!!)

My name is Alexandra. Born and raised in Romania, I currently live in Miami, FL. (I've been here for 6 years), but in a couple of months I'll move to El Paso, TX. for the next 3 years of my life. So, after adjusting to the hot and humid Miami, I will have to accommodate (myself and my plants) to another new environment (thus the "bombarding" expected for the future!!!).

My oldest gardening passions are for bulbs and fragrant plants, and my newest is orchid growing. However, my "garden" is quite diverse and in continual expansion!
Sometimes I'll probably be (kindest description) GOOFY with my comments, but there's a lot of good understanding hearts here!

Oh, and if I ever tell you that I killed this and that plant, in this or that way, it is never with intention (the killing)! Maybe other Goofies like me will learn from my mistakes.

Until the next post, hugs and flowers!
Alexandra (Goofy)

Thumbnail by goofybulb
Click the image for an enlarged view.

HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

April 3, 2008
8:43 AM

Post #4749646

hello and welcome from upstate new york. you can never ask goofy questions here. we have adina from romania so maybe you can hook up with her. hope you are enjoying yourself.

Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 3, 2008
7:33 PM

Post #4751873

Welcome to Dave's Garden, Andrea! We have a Texas Gardening Forum (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/region_tx/all/) and a Southwest Gardening Forum (http://davesgarden.com/community/forums/f/region_sw/all/). You are welcome in both of them, of course. :-) Texas is SOOO big that you might find that some of the folks from New Mexico and Arizona are gardening in circumstances more similar to yours in El Paso than those of us in humid Houston, for example. We hope you'll at least pop in the Texas forum and say hi, though. ^_^
goofybulb
El Paso, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 4, 2008
5:17 AM

Post #4754848

Hello, Herbie and Marylyn! So happy to meet you both!
I've actually read one article by Adina, and I knew immediately that she's from "home". I hope to meet her soon.
Herbie, your weather in NY state i think is quite similar to "Grandma's home", so every now and then I will be jealous! (I tend to be quite homesick whenever seasons change, especially during Christmas and spring!!!)
Marylyn, I will definitely visit TX and Southwest forums, I have to check if there is one for NM and/or AZ as well, I heard many rumors about the El Paso weather, I didn't feel it yet, though!
Hope to meet you soon in the DGarden!
Alexandra
HERBIE43
Rutland , MA
(Zone 5b)

April 4, 2008
8:12 AM

Post #4755122

goofy - don't forget the recipe forum.
Marylyn_TX
Houston, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 4, 2008
12:47 PM

Post #4755502

The NM and AZ people hang out in the Southwest forum. They're a very fun bunch. You'll like it there. ^_^

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Welcome Mat Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Introduction pearl 12 Jun 14, 2007 3:08 PM
Louisiana crawdad360 26 May 21, 2009 4:35 PM
Hi Everyone.... From the Chesapeake Bay Area Chesapeake 11 Jun 15, 2008 4:12 PM
Greetings from NE Kansas! azurebloom 11 Sep 29, 2008 1:04 AM
Hello from the Caribbean knotimpaired 14 Sep 3, 2007 7:03 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America