Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees: Wonderful! Just wonderful

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling BeesReplies: 4, Views: 33
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2008
11:50 AM

Post #4755333

Sharran, thanks so much for sharing these lovely stories. I can see all this in mind. I think I figured out why you never learned how to make asphidity, though...LOL I want to plant some bee balm this year. Hadn't thought about adding it to apple butter, and I make yummy apple butter. Like that idea. Thanks again!

Great job!!!
dryad57
Scottsburg, IN
(Zone 6a)

April 4, 2008
12:23 PM

Post #4755425

Oh Sharran, I get so excited whenever I see another Aunt Bett article!!! And I love monarda - such a wonderful plant - I knew it had a common name of Oswego Tea, but didn't know how to brew up any. I always used to stand by it when I worked in a garden center :) I have a few treasured ones in my back yard, and have enjoyed watching them "creep" as they have expanded the past couple of years. Thanks so much for the recipe! I bet if you tried real hard you could remember the makings of that asphidity bag though :) - some things we just choose to permanently erase from our memory banks - LOL!
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 4, 2008
4:41 PM

Post #4756632

Thank you Rob and Cathy. This was one of my favorite articles to write. I too love the Monarda, and have several different colors growing in my garden, but my favorite will always be the dark red.
Glad you enjoyed the article.
Pamgarden
Central, VA
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2008
6:24 PM

Post #4757097

Without a doubt, one of the finest short stories I've read in years. How very fortunate you were to have had Aunt Bett in your life. As a child of the suburbs, an asphidity bag is not within my experience, but I intend to Google it and find out what I missed
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2008
2:18 AM

Post #4759137

Pam, I hate to tell you, but you really don't want to ever be very close to an asphidity bag. But they are sure fun to remember.
Thank you.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
love Love LOVE Aunt Bett stories!!! ottoson 9 Apr 5, 2008 12:53 PM
Dear Aunt Bett Bettypauze 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:17 AM
Informative weedsfree 3 Apr 7, 2008 5:47 AM
The Official Aunt Bett Fan Club darius 20 Apr 16, 2008 3:06 PM
}:-) (evil smiley) 1cros3nails4gvn 3 Apr 5, 2008 2:12 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America