Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: The Mascareignes Archipelago: How lovely!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Mascareignes Archipelago
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Mascareignes ArchipelagoReplies: 8, Views: 43
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
doccat5
Fredericksburg, VA
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2008
12:04 PM

Post #4755379

Good article, thanks for sharing the information, Jean-Jacques!

sallyg

sallyg
Anne Arundel,, MD
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2008
4:05 PM

Post #4756428

very interesting and nice choice of pictures

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

April 4, 2008
4:14 PM

Post #4756489

Thanks, I am glad you appreciate, as this is my first article for DG I wanted people to get an idea of where I am, many people even in France have no idea where Reunion is though Mauritius is better known because of its high tourism activity.

darius

darius
So.App.Mtns.
United States
(Zone 5b)

April 4, 2008
4:25 PM

Post #4756555

Lovely! Thanks for the introduction, both of yourself and of your home.
Dutchlady1
Naples, FL
(Zone 10a)

April 4, 2008
5:57 PM

Post #4756984

I really enjoyed the article. Years ago when Il ived in England I was able to import some plumeria cuttings from Reunion because they are a part of France and therefore the EU. I always thought this hilarious. But I was happy to be able to get the plumeria!!

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

April 5, 2008
3:41 AM

Post #4759450

Yes, this is a rather funny thing, we are almost as far as possible from Europe but still part of it! So we get all the goodies; nice tropical weather and French baguette for breakfast, nothing else but a blueprint of paradise;))
mwperry
Brandon, MS
(Zone 8a)

April 8, 2008
8:16 AM

Post #4774749

Jean-Jacques, thank you for your marvelous article giving us a view into Reunion and Mauritius. It sounds like paradise! I did not know these islands existed. The only archipelagos I have known about was in "The Origin" which was about Charles Darwin and his voyage in the Beagle to the archipelagos. Wow, I would love to get my hands on some of your seeds!

Martha

jjacques

jjacques
LE TAMPON
Reunion (French)

April 8, 2008
8:33 AM

Post #4774755

Hi Martha,
Yes, It has some taste of paradise but there are several archipelago in the area which are stunning, all around Madagascar and in the Comoros, amazing coral reef and as they are rather undevelopped no industrial pollution, you can swim with giant sea tortoises and encounter lemurians in the forests! I will soon edit an article on wild life in Madagascar.
mwperry
Brandon, MS
(Zone 8a)

April 8, 2008
9:38 AM

Post #4774792

Oh, goodie. I look forward to your next article with exuberance!

Martha

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Mascareignes Archipelago Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! melody 14 May 10, 2013 5:46 AM
Hello fellow islander! Islandshari 3 Aug 12, 2009 7:36 AM
Madagascar martinleguaan 1 Apr 30, 2013 6:29 AM
Is everyone aware... prickersnall 4 May 3, 2013 10:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America