Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Antiques and Collectibles: Thread cabinet

Communities > Forums > Antiques and Collectibles
bookmark
Forum: Antiques and CollectiblesReplies: 5, Views: 175
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2008
3:38 PM

Post #4756302

Here's a cabinet I had planned to refinish one day for my craft room. Whoever had it used and abused it for storing nuts and bolts. 'Had thick glass cut for all the drawer fronts that were missing. It's sat in the garage, with the glass pcs. over 10 yrs now. I'm never going to get all my projects finished in this lifetime and I know DH would like to have the space back in the garage... Any idea what I should ask for it? It's extremely heavy. I tried looking for something similar to compare, but only found the counter top sized ones. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thumbnail by bigbubbles
Click the image for an enlarged view.

LouC
Desoto, TX
(Zone 8a)

April 4, 2008
4:24 PM

Post #4756546

Try TIAS.com
bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2008
6:43 PM

Post #4757172

Thanks! I'll try that!
bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 4, 2008
9:01 PM

Post #4757791

Christi...Looked thru site and all the links, and still can't find one...any idea what else I can call it...I'm entering "Belding silk thread cabinet" and variations of it...spool cab., etc
Raggedyann
Lawrenceville, GA
(Zone 7b)

April 4, 2008
9:20 PM

Post #4757864

Why oh why don't you live closer to me?? I would take that off your hands in a heartbeat. I guess there's a reason ;(

Susan
bigbubbles
Austin, TX
(Zone 8b)

January 29, 2013
8:13 AM

Post #9401194

Can you believe, I finally found one on a google search? I'm never going to get it refurbished, but fun to see what it would look like if I had a few years to devote to it!

Thumbnail by bigbubbles   Thumbnail by bigbubbles         
Click an image for an enlarged view.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Antiques and Collectibles Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Sampler 1801 Ginger_H 7 Aug 20, 2012 2:34 PM
mingmimi justmeLisa 6 Oct 20, 2007 11:51 AM
Wintermoor what is this? justmeLisa 7 Oct 1, 2011 7:20 PM
Do you collect Depression Glass? What pattern? bluegrassmom 82 Apr 11, 2011 10:14 PM
What do you consider your best "collectible/antique" find? nminmd 142 May 6, 2012 3:43 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America