Photo by Melody
We want to hear from you! Please take this short, anonymous survey to help us improve the DG home page.

Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees: You made my day!!

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling BeesReplies: 2, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
morehead, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #4759491

You have no idea how long I have been looking for the stack cake recipe. My aunt Minnie(more like my granny) made these using her dried apples. I have friends who have ancient apple trees and make apple butter for me. I just got a dehydrator and wanted so bad to make the dried apple stack cakes like my Aunt Minnie. Now I can!! My friend got me my own cookbook called Butter, bacon and grease. "the best from the collection of George Taylor's recipes". (I am a good ole country cook and my friends love it)You have made it possible to add to it a recipe I have been looking for forever.
I love your Aunt Bett adventures! Keep the articles coming. Now to find an old fashion Jam cake recipe made with blackberry jam and I will be a happy camper.
Take care my friend
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2008
4:23 AM

Post #4759600

Well, George...
I will add to your day. I have my grandmother's recipe for the blackberry jam cake, and when I find it I will be happy to share it with you.

And how about gingerbread??

I am glad you enjoy the articles, and how fun to share something that you can use. I wish we lived close enough so I could have a bite of that stack cake!
morehead, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #4760953

If you come to the ORV RU you will get to have a bite of it! I would love to have your grandmother's jam cake recipe. My sister had all my mother's old fashion recipes and some how lost them all. She finally fessed up a couple of Christmas's back. She made a jam cake and I knew it wasn't the right taste. It was good, but not mom's. Mom made her's and would cover it and let it set for about a week. I think she also drizzled a little rum on it. The top of cake would be like an icing it would have that gooey texture. You are a great writer. I love your description of things. I could feel the heat from the clothes and the hum of the bees in your article. By the way. I have 4 or 5 types of Monardia/bee balm if you ever want some. Red, lavender, purple, pink and the wild type we call burgamont(sp) I also have the alba/white in winter sown jugs thats coming up nicely.
See ya on the journey and keep the articles coming!!

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! Just wonderful doccat5 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:18 AM
love Love LOVE Aunt Bett stories!!! ottoson 9 Apr 5, 2008 12:53 PM
Dear Aunt Bett Bettypauze 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:17 AM
Informative weedsfree 3 Apr 7, 2008 5:47 AM
The Official Aunt Bett Fan Club darius 20 Apr 16, 2008 3:06 PM

Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Cookie Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America