Photo by Melody
Congratulations to all our photo contest participants! Check out the winning photos here. We will have the 2015 calendars available to order from Zazzle soon.

Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees: You made my day!!

Communities > Forums > Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees
bookmark
Forum: Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling BeesReplies: 2, Views: 9
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
daylilydaddy
morehead, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2008
3:56 AM

Post #4759491

Sharon
You have no idea how long I have been looking for the stack cake recipe. My aunt Minnie(more like my granny) made these using her dried apples. I have friends who have ancient apple trees and make apple butter for me. I just got a dehydrator and wanted so bad to make the dried apple stack cakes like my Aunt Minnie. Now I can!! My friend got me my own cookbook called Butter, bacon and grease. "the best from the collection of George Taylor's recipes". (I am a good ole country cook and my friends love it)You have made it possible to add to it a recipe I have been looking for forever.
I love your Aunt Bett adventures! Keep the articles coming. Now to find an old fashion Jam cake recipe made with blackberry jam and I will be a happy camper.
Take care my friend
George
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 5, 2008
4:23 AM

Post #4759600

Well, George...
I will add to your day. I have my grandmother's recipe for the blackberry jam cake, and when I find it I will be happy to share it with you.

And how about gingerbread??

I am glad you enjoy the articles, and how fun to share something that you can use. I wish we lived close enough so I could have a bite of that stack cake!
daylilydaddy
morehead, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 5, 2008
2:10 PM

Post #4760953

Sharon
If you come to the ORV RU you will get to have a bite of it! I would love to have your grandmother's jam cake recipe. My sister had all my mother's old fashion recipes and some how lost them all. She finally fessed up a couple of Christmas's back. She made a jam cake and I knew it wasn't the right taste. It was good, but not mom's. Mom made her's and would cover it and let it set for about a week. I think she also drizzled a little rum on it. The top of cake would be like an icing it would have that gooey texture. You are a great writer. I love your description of things. I could feel the heat from the clothes and the hum of the bees in your article. By the way. I have 4 or 5 types of Monardia/bee balm if you ever want some. Red, lavender, purple, pink and the wild type we call burgamont(sp) I also have the alba/white in winter sown jugs thats coming up nicely.
(((HUGS))))
See ya on the journey and keep the articles coming!!
George

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Aunt Bett, Bee Balm and Battling Bees Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Wonderful! Just wonderful doccat5 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:18 AM
love Love LOVE Aunt Bett stories!!! ottoson 9 Apr 5, 2008 12:53 PM
Dear Aunt Bett Bettypauze 4 Apr 5, 2008 2:17 AM
Informative weedsfree 3 Apr 7, 2008 5:47 AM
The Official Aunt Bett Fan Club darius 20 Apr 16, 2008 3:06 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America