Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Bright Yellow Blooms: Forsythia Sings Spring: We are responsible

Communities > Forums > Article: Bright Yellow Blooms: Forsythia Sings Spring
bookmark
Forum: Article: Bright Yellow Blooms: Forsythia Sings SpringReplies: 1, Views: 26
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
DianeEG
Galva, IL

April 5, 2008
12:45 PM

Post #4760592

The negatives of forsythias are mostly based on the owner planting them in the wrong spot: too close to the house, a neighbor, the property line, near other plants we don't want shaded, at a location where it's summer clothes are just too drab. Many spring flowering bushes need to be positioned where they will not bother anyone as they sit and wait until their next performance. If our yards are too small to accomodate full sized forsythia, dwarf ones are available. Do not plant in front of a utility meter as the power company has the right to severely trim out if they can not easily read your meter or access it for maintenance. If we do not try to make this beautiful shrub into something it is not, it will reward us for generations for all the positive reasons April Campbell describes. And, it is one of the best for forcing blooms in late winter. When the outside was gray and brown, I had a vase full of beautiful forsythia blooms at the Easter dinner table. By planting in the right spot, we can eliminate the hate in this relationship.
Aunt_A

May 5, 2009
11:24 PM

Post #6509517

DianeEG,

Thanks so much for your comments. I'm sorry I missed your comments last year.

May you have beautiful blooms every spring.

April

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Bright Yellow Blooms: Forsythia Sings Spring Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
fond memories Dutchlady1 7 May 5, 2009 11:31 PM
Love and Hate darius 7 May 25, 2009 8:10 PM
An ardent admirer of forsythias. heavenscape 1 May 5, 2009 11:33 PM
MY FORSYTHIA HAD NO BLOOMS LAST TWO YRS SABELLA 1 May 5, 2009 11:23 PM
My forsythia is covered with seeds Windy 5 May 26, 2009 11:35 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America