Photo by Melody

Garden Shed: galvanized outbuilding - what kind of paint and prep?

Communities > Forums > Garden Shed
bookmark
Forum: Garden ShedReplies: 1, Views: 32
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
beth_donovan
Easton, KS
(Zone 5b)

April 5, 2008
10:42 PM

Post #4762747

Hi, I wonder if any of you have ever painted a galvanized metal outbuilding. I have a couple on our property, and they just look kinda ugh, but I would like to use them for my garden tools, pots, etc. I have purchased a couple of solar lights so I do not have to run power out to them, but gosh, I want to paint them in a pastel of some sort. I know I'll have to use some kind of base coat paint, but the people at Home Depot can't tell me what I can use.

Suggestions?
ecrane3
Dublin, CA
(Zone 9a)

April 6, 2008
2:16 AM

Post #4763820

I'd look at the paint cans yourself, they always tell you somewhere on the can what sort of surfaces it can be used on. Obviously you want exterior paint, and I suspect some of the ones you'll find at Home Depot can be used on metal, but maybe not all of them. Same thing with primers, look for one that can be used outdoors and lists metal as a surface it can be used on.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Garden Shed Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Quick-Disconnects for garden hoses? darius 18 Oct 5, 2007 8:07 PM
A Man and His Tractor LadibugZ9 16 May 12, 2007 6:29 PM
Tractor on it's way!!!! whooo-hoooo!!! cici77 16 Apr 26, 2008 9:24 PM
Old Reliable CountryGardens 49 Apr 16, 2010 8:20 AM
Your thoughts on a Mantis? Kell 122 Apr 16, 2012 5:53 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America