Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day!: Yeah Taters!

Communities > Forums > Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day!Replies: 10, Views: 83
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
cathy4
St. Louis County, MO
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2008
1:37 PM

Post #4770207

I didn't know how to grow a sweet potato, thanks for sharing the information in such a delightful way. We will be having taters for supper tonight.
Kathleen
Panama, NY
(Zone 5a)

April 7, 2008
2:12 PM

Post #4770255

What, no tractor pull???

I hope those men with the sweet potato slips are passing some knowledge along - someone is going to have to know how to do this.
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2008
3:58 PM

Post #4770663

Dagnabbit! Wish I was there today celebrating! Sounds like my kind of hang-out, especially the old guys under the shade trees!

Hope you take time to go today, Mel! And take the local Cajun Family with ya!

Shoe

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2008
4:05 PM

Post #4770696

The Cajuns and I went up there Sat. We went to the flea mkt, ate home-made ice cream, and Vietnamese grilled pork on a stick.

Today, there are way too many folks there, and not enough places for me to sit and rest my feet. They still can't hold out for any long walking event. Lisa took Sally back for the parade today though. I'm anxious to here a report. It's one of the best parades in the 4 state area...especially for kids. She's coming by this afternoon.
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2008
4:14 PM

Post #4770732

Great! Maybe they'll take pictures! Sally's gonna love that parade I bet! (And I'd love that grilled pork on a stick!)

Okay, off into the wet rainy day to admire my gardens, and figger out where to plant my sweetpotatoes this year!

And you, go rest those feet every chance ya get! Hope they are healing up better and better each day.

Shoe
critterologist
Frederick, MD
(Zone 6b)

April 7, 2008
7:24 PM

Post #4771549

Thanks for a fun article! I'm glad you got up there for the festivities -- and I'm glad you're still taking care of your feet. I'm hoping you'll be prancing around again in no time, good as new! :-)
Sharran
Calvert City, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 7, 2008
8:25 PM

Post #4771807

Well, I missed Tater Day, Mel...imagine!!!
I had my share of Tater Days when my children were in band for middle school and high school, thank you very much. I loved every minute of it ...the first time.
I sure enjoyed your article, though...but I am glad I didn't have to be anywhere near Benton today!
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2008
12:49 AM

Post #4773081

hey Shoe,
Well, I guess I'm in...I went to the Tater Day parade..saw Miss Tater, Little Miss Tater and still even extra Little Miss Tater...

I must say it was quite and event.

Lots of old cars, tractors and horses. Very different from our Louisiana parades!
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 8, 2008
2:09 AM

Post #4773547

:Yay! Congrats, Lisa! I'm sure it was a new experience for ya'll!

Just think, years from now you'll look back on this day and realize "That was the day I truly understood the meaning of a tater and what it has to offer..."! All becuz of Tater Day in the great state of Kentucky!

Happy evening to all!

Shoe
KyWoods
Melbourne, KY
(Zone 6a)

April 8, 2008
3:59 AM

Post #4774223

It does sound a little different from Mardi Gras, lol. Sounds like a nice, fun, family day--like Mardi Gras was when I was a kid! My how times change.
Interesting history of that part of KY, Mel. I enjoyed the article!
pandora125
Symsonia, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2008
5:26 AM

Post #4774547

i didn't go this year, but it would have been a nice day for it! (finding a parking place is just something else though.)

This message was edited Apr 8, 2008 12:27 AM

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Marshall County taters SharaLeigh 1 Apr 7, 2008 4:07 PM
Tater Day sallygreenthumb 7 Apr 3, 2012 5:55 AM
Tater Day Pictures justmeLisa 0 Apr 8, 2008 12:52 AM
Old cars, Tater Day Pics justmeLisa 1 Apr 8, 2008 5:33 AM
pictures of Tater Day justmeLisa 7 Apr 14, 2008 10:04 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America