Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day!: pictures of Tater Day

Communities > Forums > Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day!
bookmark
Forum: Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day!Replies: 7, Views: 82
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 8, 2008
12:58 AM

Post #4773134

what is a parade without a backwards bike rider...

Thumbnail by justmeLisa
Click the image for an enlarged view.

gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2008
12:38 AM

Post #4778338

Was the whole bike going backward, or did he have it set up so it would pedal backward...Err, forward?

If you answer with just "yes", I'm gonna slap ya silly! :D
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2008
12:52 AM

Post #4778434

hah! "Slap slap!"

Nice pics you posted, Lisa. It was a whole new world for ya, eh!? So glad you got to experience it. And even knew on of the parade participants to boot!

Great pics of old cars. I reckon old people like old cars, eh? Er, uhhh, welp, lemme rephrase that somehow. :>)

Thanks for posting! Maybe next year a DG Roundup should be centered around Tater Day, eh?

Shoe

melody

melody
Benton, KY
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2008
2:40 PM

Post #4781190

No way Shoe! Tater Day is best not observed by a crowd...(or a Tater Day Tour) It's already way too crowded. Locals leave town, and businesses close. The banks in town even have special permission from the Feds to not open for Tater Day.

By the way, Lisa the guy on the bike isn't the man I thought it was. Different guy.
Horseshoe
Efland, NC
(Zone 7a)

April 9, 2008
2:58 PM

Post #4781285

I hear ya, Melody. Reckon that is how it is in our little town when we have our annual Hog Day event. It's gotten so big that shy people like me tend to lurk from a distance!

Happy Day to all!
Shoe
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 9, 2008
6:56 PM

Post #4782614

Well, Reynoldsburg has its tomato festival and Circleville has the pumpkin show. Each includes its namesake prepared and served in any number of ways. :)
justmeLisa
Brewers, KY
(Zone 6b)

April 10, 2008
12:18 AM

Post #4784050

when we lived in Louisiana we got out of town for Mardi Gras...
At first Sally didn't want to go to the Tater Day parade, she thought they were going to throw Taters at us!
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

April 14, 2008
10:04 PM

Post #4808757

Tell Sally I don't blame her! Who'd want to be bonked in the head with a tater? :D

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Celebrate! It's Tater Day! Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Yeah Taters! cathy4 10 Apr 8, 2008 5:26 AM
Marshall County taters SharaLeigh 1 Apr 7, 2008 4:07 PM
Tater Day sallygreenthumb 7 Apr 3, 2012 5:55 AM
Tater Day Pictures justmeLisa 0 Apr 8, 2008 12:52 AM
Old cars, Tater Day Pics justmeLisa 1 Apr 8, 2008 5:33 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America