Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Thrifty Gardener: Cheap tricks for seed starting: I Love Thrifty Gardening Ideas

Communities > Forums > Article: The Thrifty Gardener: Cheap tricks for seed starting
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Thrifty Gardener: Cheap tricks for seed startingReplies: 2, Views: 97
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC

April 12, 2008
3:14 AM

Post #4795727

However, I do have a question. Should bone meal be added to the homemade starting mix? I remember reading that somewhere. Is it needed?

art_n_garden
Colorado Springs, CO
(Zone 6a)

April 13, 2008
9:45 PM

Post #4803403

Hi Misty,
I have to claim ignorance on the matter--I've never used it, but that doesn't mean it isn't really beneficial. I have heard of lots of people using bone meal when they transplant, could also help with seed starting. Maybe someone else will pipe in that knows. Sorry I'm no help! Susanne
MistyPetals
North Augusta, SC

April 15, 2008
3:52 AM

Post #4810739

Yes, I'ver been hearing all kinds of things, there's the school of Epsom salt and the school of 10-10-10 and the school of bone meal and its a little confusing to know which to use when starting seed.
Nevertheless, I did enjoy your article.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Thrifty Gardener: Cheap tricks for seed starting Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Excellent! jlp222 8 Apr 13, 2008 2:53 PM
Great! dmdula 1 Apr 12, 2008 12:48 AM
question! robcorreia 4 Apr 14, 2008 7:37 PM
good points jimneyj 0 Apr 14, 2008 5:01 PM
Free Aluminum lables SeramasunARK 1 Apr 15, 2008 3:02 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America