Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: Battling the Infamous Imported Fire Ant: Fire Ants & Blood Meal

Communities > Forums > Article: Battling the Infamous Imported Fire Ant
bookmark
Forum: Article: Battling the Infamous Imported Fire AntReplies: 1, Views: 94
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
NatureWalker
New York & Terrell, TX
(Zone 8b)

April 12, 2008
7:00 PM

Post #4798147

I told my Mother, who lives in Terrill, Texas. To use some on the Fire Ants "Hills." They truely die, I don't know why, but they do. I learned about it somewhere on the web; but I don't recall where. And I also read it in a "Jerry Baker" gardening book too. When it Rains, it just washes it into the soil more. But just reapply it once a week.

Blood Meal is something you would like to use in your garden; because all plants love it!

BTW - Mom says it works!!

~* Robin
babesy
Arlington, TX

May 22, 2008
12:03 PM

Post #4987256

I had a friend in Arizona who told me that one of his co-workers lost his dog from eating Blood Meal.

They put it out one day, and the dog got into it and ate it. The dog's blood pressure skyrocketed, he was so sick, the family rushed him to the vet who worked all afternoon unsuccessfully to save his life. Sad.

I won't use it in my yard for just that reason. It may be good, but not at the cost of my animal's lives.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: Battling the Infamous Imported Fire Ant Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
HATE THOSE THINGS!!!!! 1cros3nails4gvn 3 Apr 14, 2008 8:59 PM
Clorox on the stings! SCNewbie 16 May 9, 2008 2:00 AM
They're coming melody 1 Mar 13, 2011 6:17 AM
Soda Water girlgroupgirl 2 Mar 14, 2011 12:20 PM
Fire Ants and ticks in the Hill Country mfpinlh 1 Apr 15, 2008 3:58 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America