Photo by Melody
Guess what time it is? It's time for the DG County Fair! Now in it's sixth year, enter your blue-ribbon photos or mouth-watering recipes for a chance to win a gift subscription! Click here here to get all the details, dates and entry rules.

Kitchens: Do any of you have track lighting in your kitchen?

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 5, Views: 74
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 13, 2008
1:00 AM

Post #4799608

I am replacing my old florescent light fixture that we put up in the 80's. This is not a large kitchen. There are great looking track lighting systems out there . I am thinking w/ a few recessed lights plus the track lighting it would work. I think the curvey ones are cute.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 27, 2009
3:17 AM

Post #7400792

We have track lighting in our kitchen. I love it! The only downside is the halogen lights are expensive to run. I'd like to replace them with LED replacement bulbs, but they are cost-prohibitive for us right now. Here's what they look like: http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/si/63582/
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

December 28, 2009
5:59 PM

Post #7404243

Cute cute kitchen!! We have the LED I think. The trick is to shine the light not directly where a human eye might be @ any given time.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #7404317

I like how I can spotlight something of interest with a light. It's also made for some nice studio lighting for taking pictures in there. :)
gavafriend
northeastern, AZ

May 15, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #7796432

We installed track lighting in our former home. I loved the flourescent lights, but we were trying to update everything to make a better impression for selling the home. My nephew suggested the track lighting. We used the free-form curved track and were able to install part of it in the holes from the other light fixture. The house sold quickly, so I didn't have much time to enjoy the new lighting in the kitchen. I know that they get HOT - as we've had other hallogen fixtures. That's the only problem. It didn't seem to be terribly expensive, because I knew we'd get a good return on the investment. We got a kit at home depot and bought a couple more lights to go on the track. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 17, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7800158

They are very hot, yes. I'd like to replace them with the new LED bulbs, but the ones I've seen are expen$ive and have a bluish cast to their light.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 198 Apr 30, 2014 6:14 PM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America