Photo by Melody
We rolled out several small fixes on January 29. If you encounter any problems, please report them in the designated thread in the DG Site Updates forum.

Kitchens: Do any of you have track lighting in your kitchen?

Communities > Forums > Kitchens
bookmark
Forum: KitchensReplies: 5, Views: 74
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

April 13, 2008
1:00 AM

Post #4799608

I am replacing my old florescent light fixture that we put up in the 80's. This is not a large kitchen. There are great looking track lighting systems out there . I am thinking w/ a few recessed lights plus the track lighting it would work. I think the curvey ones are cute.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 27, 2009
3:17 AM

Post #7400792

We have track lighting in our kitchen. I love it! The only downside is the halogen lights are expensive to run. I'd like to replace them with LED replacement bulbs, but they are cost-prohibitive for us right now. Here's what they look like: http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/si/63582/
anastatia
Vancouver, WA
(Zone 8a)

December 28, 2009
5:59 PM

Post #7404243

Cute cute kitchen!! We have the LED I think. The trick is to shine the light not directly where a human eye might be @ any given time.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

December 28, 2009
6:37 PM

Post #7404317

I like how I can spotlight something of interest with a light. It's also made for some nice studio lighting for taking pictures in there. :)
gavafriend
northeastern, AZ

May 15, 2010
9:57 PM

Post #7796432

We installed track lighting in our former home. I loved the flourescent lights, but we were trying to update everything to make a better impression for selling the home. My nephew suggested the track lighting. We used the free-form curved track and were able to install part of it in the holes from the other light fixture. The house sold quickly, so I didn't have much time to enjoy the new lighting in the kitchen. I know that they get HOT - as we've had other hallogen fixtures. That's the only problem. It didn't seem to be terribly expensive, because I knew we'd get a good return on the investment. We got a kit at home depot and bought a couple more lights to go on the track. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it.
gardenwife
Newark, OH
(Zone 5b)

May 17, 2010
7:01 AM

Post #7800158

They are very hot, yes. I'd like to replace them with the new LED bulbs, but the ones I've seen are expen$ive and have a bluish cast to their light.

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Kitchens Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
If you were replacing a countertop, what would you choose? LooneyLinda 199 Sep 4, 2014 7:05 AM
As requested on another thread, here's my kitchen re-do Connie_G 53 Jun 3, 2007 5:32 AM
anyone use Sears to reface cabinets? ssdogwood 15 Aug 3, 2007 10:21 PM
Our kitchen is done ! CountryGardens 24 Oct 13, 2007 3:12 PM
Stainless Steel Appliances - Any suggestions?? azrobin 18 Jun 3, 2010 3:55 PM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2015 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America