Do any of you have track lighting in your kitchen?

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

I am replacing my old florescent light fixture that we put up in the 80's. This is not a large kitchen. There are great looking track lighting systems out there . I am thinking w/ a few recessed lights plus the track lighting it would work. I think the curvey ones are cute.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

We have track lighting in our kitchen. I love it! The only downside is the halogen lights are expensive to run. I'd like to replace them with LED replacement bulbs, but they are cost-prohibitive for us right now. Here's what they look like: http://davesgarden.com/community/journals/si/63582/

Vancouver, WA(Zone 8a)

Cute cute kitchen!! We have the LED I think. The trick is to shine the light not directly where a human eye might be @ any given time.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

I like how I can spotlight something of interest with a light. It's also made for some nice studio lighting for taking pictures in there. :)

northeastern, AZ

We installed track lighting in our former home. I loved the flourescent lights, but we were trying to update everything to make a better impression for selling the home. My nephew suggested the track lighting. We used the free-form curved track and were able to install part of it in the holes from the other light fixture. The house sold quickly, so I didn't have much time to enjoy the new lighting in the kitchen. I know that they get HOT - as we've had other hallogen fixtures. That's the only problem. It didn't seem to be terribly expensive, because I knew we'd get a good return on the investment. We got a kit at home depot and bought a couple more lights to go on the track. Sorry I don't have any pictures of it.

Newark, OH(Zone 5b)

They are very hot, yes. I'd like to replace them with the new LED bulbs, but the ones I've seen are expen$ive and have a bluish cast to their light.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or sign up to post.