Question on Dead Nettle (Lamium) groundcover

Bozeman, MT(Zone 4b)

I have Lamium maculatum 'Golden Anniversary' and was wondering if I should cut it to the ground. It has been under several feet of snow most of the winter and looks pretty much like it did last fall. Any ideas? Thanks, Deidre

Saint Paul, MN(Zone 4a)

I leave my Lamium alone and it does fine. I have 'Anne Greenway' now and had 'Beacon Silver' at my old place. Both grow and bloom pretty nicely in cool weather. Peg

Danville, IN

No, definitely do not cut it back. It will sprout all along the stems and fill in more quickly. The stems also root as they spread. You'll be surprised how quickly it will "come back".

Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

Exactly there is no reason to cut it back at all. They are very fluffy and pretty in no time... Like those a whole lot have several my self...

Bettendorf, IA

I raked through mine today - there were lots of dead leaves and such all throughout it. I have 3 different kinds and none have gotten out of hand. Hope they don't!!

Bozeman, MT(Zone 4b)

Thanks for the tips and support. Here's what it looks like. It's actually quite pretty.

Thumbnail by NorthernSeasons
Plainwell, MI(Zone 5b)

That is really pretty. I dont have such a dark color of green mine are all softer I really like that... Does it bloom pink or purply color??? I have both. mine are doing very nicely also... Ronna

Bettendorf, IA

I like how it is tricolored - VERY nice!!! I might have to try and find that one

Bozeman, MT(Zone 4b)

Thanks! I don't remember the flower color. I grow it for the foliage so I have never paid attention. My plant was a Proven Winner cutting so anyone that is retailing their product should have it.

Post a Reply to this Thread

Please or register to post.

Upload Images to your reply

You may upload up to 5 images