I frequently see slugs finishing off bits of food left in my dog's dish at night. Are there any diseases carried by slugs which I should be worried about? I do wash the dish with hot water and soap before putting fresh food in. Salmonella is a disease I always associate with snails. Is this cause for concern with the slugs?
This is not my area of expertise... sorry. If snails can carry Salmonella which I do not doubt, slugs are equally apt to I am afraid. There are some potentially horrific parasites you can contract from eating raw snails or slugs, but no really any chance of getting one of those parasites from their slime.