Photo by Melody
Are you ready? It's time for our 14th annual photo contest! Enter your best pictures of the year, for a chance to win a calendar and annual subscription here. Hurry! Deadline for entries is October 21.

Article: The Scented Home: The scented home mmmm yummy!

Communities > Forums > Article: The Scented Home
bookmark
Forum: Article: The Scented HomeReplies: 3, Views: 59
Add to Bookmarks
-
AuthorContent

chrissy100

chrissy100
Sydney
Australia

April 15, 2008
5:24 AM

Post #4811026

Thanks for all the tips ...may I add one too ...try scenting the home with rosemary and garlic (applied to a leg of lamb or a tray of roasting veggies)
aren't I awful !
I make citrus pomadors and hide them all over the home the warm temps bring out the spicy fragrance.
chrissy
beth_donovan
Easton, KS
(Zone 5b)

April 15, 2008
12:14 PM

Post #4811566

All the tips are wonderful! Thank you!

I am growing herbs this year for the first time in hopes of having a nice, natural smelling house!

Bettypauze

Bettypauze
Victoria Harbour, ON

April 15, 2008
3:55 PM

Post #4812553

Enjoyed reading your column...now may I ask a question..just cleaned the leaves off one of the gardens and my lavender plants are about 1 ft.high but I imagine last year's growth..may I use it even though it's been sitting all winter or would you leave it as is and let the new growth come in???
gessiegail
Taft, TX
(Zone 9a)

April 16, 2008
12:16 AM

Post #4814713

Lavender is my favorite scent for the home. Thanks for your article. Every drawer in the house has at least lavender soap hidden if I don't have enough from the plants...

You cannot post until you register and login.

Other Article: The Scented Home Threads you might be interested in:

SubjectThread StarterRepliesLast Post
Clevelandii Sage most wonderful scent! podster 0 Apr 16, 2008 1:51 AM
Thanks for the comments! karri_sue 0 Apr 16, 2008 3:54 AM
Cleveland sage Lindawalkabout 2 Apr 16, 2008 5:05 AM
viola smell craeswife 1 Jul 5, 2009 12:48 AM
how to stop cats from eating house plant grnidcat 1 Dec 9, 2009 2:21 AM

We recommend Firefox
Overwhelmed? There's a lot to see here. Try starting at our homepage.

[ Home | About | Advertise | Media Kit | Mission | Featured Companies | Submit an Article | Terms of Use | Tour | Rules | Privacy Policy | Contact Us ]

Back to the top

Copyright © 2000-2014 Dave's Garden, an Internet Brands company. All Rights Reserved.

Hope for America